Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Some Questions With AK turns

Thoughts are appreciated on all streets, but turns are where I have most question. I've been on some downward variance and I'm worried I'm becomming weak/tight. But I wanna see what you guys think of these, is their leaks?

All hands Ultimatebet .25/.50 (full ring) not all same session I will add reads where I have them
Hand 1 (10 handed)
UTG+1 is a bit LAGy after 50 hands
Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 5 folds, Hero Raises, BB calls, UTG+1 calls

Flop: (6 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero bets, BB folds, UTG+1 calls

Turn: (4 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+1 raises, Hero ?

I feel a 3 bet is in order but if I 3 bet what do I do if he caps? Is this pot to small on this turn to fight for?

Hand 2 (9 handed)
no reads, not even full orbit with villan

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero raises, 3 folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls

Flop: (7 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 players)
UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, MP1 folds, Hero calls

Turn: (5.5 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
UTG checks, Hero bets, UTG raises, Hero?

Villan checkraising flop and turn with third [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] comming out is alarming? What line do you take from here?

Hand 3 (8 handed)
I've played villan on several occasions is a pretty steady TAG sometimes mixes it up against decent players, gets donkish with the intent of getting action on later hands. Deffinately thinking and a little tricky.

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4 folds, CO calls, Button raises, 1 fold, Hero calls
Looking at it now I think I should have reraised to isolate and define my hand.

Flop: (6 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 players)
Hero checks, CO checks, Button bets, Hero calls, CO folds

Had I reraised preflop I think I should have led this flop, thoughts? I had about 7.5 outs (by my count) I was looking for CO to come with so I just called, should I have raised here?

Turn: (4 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, Button bets, Hero?

Should I have led out? get a raise in here, what if 3 bet? As I type it I see this whole hand in particular was a bit weak/tight IMHO

All these hands are similar in that their HU on turn, the board gets scary on turn and the pots are relatively small, I don't think my hands are really weak in any of them am I wrong? As I said I'm thinking these kinds of hands may be bad leaks for me am I right? Any help is appreciated.
Old 06-27-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Some Questions With AK turns

Hands 1&2 i 3bet the the turn. Both times i think you will be looking at 2 pair.

Hand3- 3bet pf, now you prob should fold the flop as the pot is small.
The way u played it this is an easy turn raise.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:24 AM

hand 1: I think you have to 3 bet this turn. If he caps i would still call down with your read of him being lagy. Ive seen enough lags think 2 pair is the nuts to call this down.

hand 2: I three bet and call down a cap unless the river is a spade.

hand 3: Defenite reraise preflop. The hand plays diffrently from there. The way you played is i raise the turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 04:45 AM

Hand 1: I would probably 3-bet the turn versus my LAG opponent. There's a good chance he has a worse aces up or even just an ace. (However, it's also possible he slowplayed the flop, but you are ahead of some hands he might slowplay.)

If he capped, I would call down. Even if I somehow knew he had QJ or 88, I wouldn't fold the turn, since I have the odds to draw to a boat at this point.

Hand 2: Hmm. I guess I would 3-bet the turn, based on the combined chance that I'm ahead (he could have a worse straight or two pair or even just KQ, for instance) and the chance that I'll outdraw my opponent if he has a flush. (I am more worried about the flush facing a turn checkraise than I would be if it was just a raise, though.)

If he capped, I'd call down unimproved.

Hand 3: I would 3-bet preflop and lead the flop.

I'm not actually sure what's best on the turn, the way you played it.

I might lead the turn, because I don't want to get 3-bet if I checkraise or whiff on a checkraise either.

If I did lead and got raised, I would call down, especially since Villain is tricky.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:36 AM

Bumping for the daytimers to look at/discuss
Old 06-27-2005, 11:40 AM

Hand 1 - 3bet turn, call down UI if capped.
Hand 2 - Tough since you have the re-draw for the nut flush if opponent indeed has what he says he has. I'd probably call down.
Hand 3 - 3bet pre-flop. Lead the turn.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:58 AM

Hand 1 I 3bet, and call down if capped.

Hand 2, Raising and calling down are somewhat close. If this guy will check/raise with < the flush (hopefully he's the type who'll do this with 2 pair), then I reraise. If not, calling down isn't too bad.

Hand 3, preflop is a crime against humanity. If you check that turn, you have to check/raise. Leading is a reasonable option too.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:21 PM

Hand 1: Could be raising with A-10, A8, even just a pair of aces and a diamond draw. Three-bet, call down if capped.

Hand 2: Smack him for checkraising you twice is a row. I dunno, I may be a bit weak here myself, but he seems to be showing strength. Still, the straight may be good, he may be semi-bluffing a pair and a four-flush, so I would call down the turn and, barring another spade, the river.

Hand 3. Yeah, I'd raise preflop and having done that I'd lead the flop. From not raising preflop, I like checking the flop but only to go for a check raise to knock out CO. If he has A7 wrong suit, or a gutshot draw, you want him out of there, or paying to stay in. On the turn, all we know at this point is that he raised pre-flop and fired a few bullets, we haven't seen him react to resistance. He could have AQ, KJ, JJ, just for a few examples that would bet this board. Raise, call down if three bet.
Take it for what its worth; I've been on a legendary losing streak over my last 500 hands or so, and am feeling like I know nothing.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:09 PM

Not much new but ...

Hand 1 is an easy 3-bet, call down UI if capped.

Hand 2 is tougher, I would most likely call down UI from here. If villian shows a small flush note his use of a c/r on flop 4 to flush and turn with made flush in that situation for future hands.

Hand 3, 3-bet pf. I'd then like leading out the flop and turn. Note: what is your read on CO in hand 3? If you've noticed he's Loose-Passive then the TAG on the button may be 2-betting with a wide range of hands here and your AK is very likely the best hand.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:24 PM

well, from what I use and what i see in my own experience... that ch/r on the turn normally means they hit something pretty good on the flop... consider this:

the flop is half the size of a turn bet. therefore ch/c the flop and ch/r the turn in order to get that extra bet. raising the flop may normally scare someone and have them not bet into you or fold on the turn which costs you a little bit... what do you guys think of that. a ch/r on the turn.. I wouldnt put him on a flush, maybe a 2pr or a set.. a ch/r on the flop, may suggest he is on a draw...thats my opinion anyone care to agree or not? I would like to know.