Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 06:35 PM

Default 42o Makes a straight.

First orbit at the table...I wasn't sure what my equity was like on the turn. I don't particularly care if I get a straight flush, so please don't count any "prestige outs" into the equation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would have donk-bet a flush river. I think I should have probably donk-bet this river also. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Edit: Actually, I think I misread my hand here, and I thought I still had a baby pair.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP2 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...
Old 06-25-2005, 06:51 PM

Default Re: 42o Makes a straight.

With no read on this guy I'd just bet. I don't mind 2 bets going in here but I don't really want 3.

Besides another spade, that Ace is pretty much the mother of all scare cards especially since it puts four to a straight out there.

I think he checks behind too many hands to make a check-raise good, and you also open the possibility of being 3-bet, which kinda sucks.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:09 PM

Out of curiousity, why did you call the flop?
Old 06-25-2005, 10:30 PM

I don't think bottom pair with bottom kicker and a couple of crappy backdoor draws warrant a call on the flop here.
Old 06-25-2005, 10:34 PM

I don't think it's bad at all getting 9:1 and closing the action. Hero likely has between 4 and 5 outs most of the time (including a backdoor straight draw and discounting for other reasons).
Old 06-25-2005, 11:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiousity, why did you call the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's getting 9-1 for his call, closing the action, which covers peeling one just to improve to 2-pair better, not including outs that improve but don't make his hand. I think I make this call, too, hovering my mouse over the spot where the fold button will come up on the turn.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I make this call, too, hovering my mouse over the spot where the fold button will come up on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
So, are you saying you want to fold the turn once we pick up the OESFD, or are you saying you want to fold the turn when our hand does not improve to two pair or better? I would consider an OESFD 'better' in this case, but only marginally, since our flush draw is worthless most of the time if we don't hit the straight flush.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:07 AM

if it had been a 6 i might try this. but with the scarecard id probably donkbet and hope for a raise.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it's bad at all getting 9:1 and closing the action. Hero likely has between 4 and 5 outs most of the time (including a backdoor straight draw and discounting for other reasons).

[/ QUOTE ]

Even being generous enough to give Hero 5 outs, he needs 9.4:1 to make the call. Implied odds here are certainly not very good either.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:20 AM

A 5-outer needs ~8.2:1.