Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2005, 09:59 AM

Default TT overpair, laydown on dry board- fire away

UB 5/10

Villian 13/5/1.5 (300 or so hands)

Hero is CO w/ T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

PF: UTG1 Villian raises, hero 3-bets, Villian caps, Hero calls.

Flop:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7 : [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets, hero raises, Villian 3-bets, hero calls

Turn:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villian bets, hero folds

1. I went ahead and raised the flop, because I figured if he had AK or AQs he is not going to fold to the flop raise anyway. So I felt raising had some value if I was ahead. Also I felt this player was predictable enough, where a 3-bet would pretty much confirm that he had one of the big pairs.

I called the 3-bet on the flop, because I really did not want to just hang it up right there. I also considered the fact that I had 2 solid outs, and that a 6 or J would give me a (6) out draw on the turn and an 8 would give me a (10) out draw on the turn.

So what do you think? Anybody up for just calling down all the way? Anybody call the flop bet (EDIT Changed raise to bet) and raise the turn?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Re: TT overpair, laydown on dry board- fire away

I think it's fine.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:49 AM

Man...I would have liked it better if you capped the flop and he led the turn anyway.

That being said, this is probably a decent laydown anyway.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man...I would have liked it better if you capped the flop and he led the turn anyway.

That being said, this is probably a decent laydown anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Looking at it after you said that capping is an option.

I just did not think this player would be willing to make it 3-bets without actually having what he was representing.

Posted this because I felt a little weak last night. It is time for my monthly withdrawl and this month I really need the money. So I think I was shading a little more weak-tight than usual last night.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:56 AM

I don't know if I'd raise the flop against this opponent, but if I did, I play it the same on the flop/turn.

Rob
Old 07-01-2005, 11:57 AM

I think it would be helpful to know what he thought of you. If I am playing agasint a TAG and he raises my flop bet when rags flop, I am going to usually 3-bet him with AK-AJ because... I know that he thinks I have overcards but I know that he thinks I have overcards so I want to make him think that I have a higher pocketpair which the 3 bet does.

Ok, I hope that made sense.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I'd raise the flop against this opponent, but if I did, I play it the same on the flop/turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Rob:

I'm not sure if 300 hands is enough to give me this confidence.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it would be helpful to know what he thought of you. If I am playing agasint a TAG and he raises my flop bet when rags flop, I am going to usually 3-bet him with AK-AJ because... I know that he thinks I have overcards but I know that he thinks I have overcards so I want to make him think that I have a higher pocketpair which the 3 bet does.

Ok, I hope that made sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping someone would bring this up. If he is using Pokertracker he is probably seeing something like
15-22%/9-13/2.4-2.8. I have been running well on UB lately. So his veiw of me if he has one could range from Rock to average. A lot of my bad donkey plays don't see a showdown, so I doubt I come across as LAG like.

If I had to guess though, he probably does not care about me and is just playing his hand.

But if I have 300 hands on hi, that means we probably have 3-4 sessions together. And I am sure that somewhere in those sessions, a observant player might have noted

"overplays AK, shows down A-high on scary boards".

But I don't know how observant he is.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it from the flop please.

To be fair, as soon as he capped PF I was swearing under my breath.

I considered trying to do something on the turn. But I kind of thought "If I am going to throw out 2.5BB, I am going to see a showdown."

What swung me to raising was what I mentioned earlier. I don't think he would fold an AK or AQs type hand on this board. I also did not think he would go three bets with the same hand.

That said, I would be grateful to hear another line, because I really hate these (albeit infrequent) situations. (overpair v. possible higher overpair)