Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2005, 12:24 PM

Default question about which odds

If I know odds to make my hand for street to street (flop to turn, turn to river), should I also know the odds with two cards to come? Why (rather, when is that used)?

And, besides about 35% to make a flush on a four-to-the-flush flop, IIRC 10% to make a set with pp and a couple others, are there some others like this I should be sure to know? Know all in the back of hepfap? Any besides that?

Mike
Old 06-25-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Re: question about which odds

Quick and dirty: Multiply your number of outs by 2 if you want the odds for one card to come and by 4 if you've got two cards to come. It's inaccurate, but not by that much and it'll always get you close.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:36 PM

Knowing the odds with 2 cards to come allows you to push your equity on the flop. For example, we know that a flush draw on the flop comes in about 35% of the time, so that's our equity. If we only consider flop to turn, then it's only about a 19% chance, and it would appear that we don't have an equity edge at all.

For hands you know you're going to see the river with, knowing the 2 card odds is useful. If you have two overcards though and don't plan on seeing the river if you don't improve on the turn, then you only need to consider the turn odds. So I'd say use it for your stronger draws.

Flush and straight draws are the odds you will use most often when dealing with the next 2 cards (because you will usually want to see the river with them), so knowing those is enough I think. That's my opinion anyway!
Old 06-25-2005, 02:09 PM

...beats me, but if you want, I'm making a flop equity/odds calculator and turn equity/odds calculator if you want it
Old 06-25-2005, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...beats me, but if you want, I'm making a flop equity/odds calculator and turn equity/odds calculator if you want it

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love one of these...if you wouldn't mind.