Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 07:26 PM

Default A possible tell..(anyone consider this)

Ive thought about this for some time, forgot about it, and then it occured to me again when just reading a post on the high stakes forum. It involved a C/R on the river to someone who was betting the whole way and the poster folded an overpair to the villains C/R.

My thought i think the poster was beat most of the time in this situation but also think that the pot was to big to fold for one more bet as did most of the replies to the OP.

I think that there is a small chance that the villain may have bluff raised the river hoping to fold UI overcards.

My question is that if Hero knew how many tables villain was currently playing at the time, i think that it could tell him how likely that villain could be pulling this move.

As i would guess the more tables someone is playing the more ABC they are probably playing and less likely that villain would pull a move like this.

I think the more tables villain has open the more chance villain is raising for value here and the less likely that he is putting a play on hero.

I dont know if anyones ever posed this before but i think it could be compelling to see how many tables ur opponents are playing while there at ur table as it would give u another insight to what an action they take means.

If this has already been discussed, forget i ever posted it and please provide a link.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2005, 07:43 PM

Default Re: A possible tell..(anyone consider this)

when i played on Stars, i used to use this strategy in NL games. When i was in a pot with a multi tabler i was always very aggresive knowing he would fold anything but top pair. A Multi tabler's pre-flop raise is ALWAYS a big hand. They tend to not bet draws, just call with them. And they almost never bluff. If you know they are multi tabling it gives you a very strong advantage IMO.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When i was in a pot with a multi tabler i was always very aggresive knowing he would fold anything but top pair. A Multi tabler's pre-flop raise is ALWAYS a big hand. They tend to not bet draws, just call with them. And they almost never bluff. If you know they are multi tabling it gives you a very strong advantage IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done. You just stated four consecutive things as certain truth when in reality, none of them are true. At all.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
When i was in a pot with a multi tabler i was always very aggresive knowing he would fold anything but top pair. A Multi tabler's pre-flop raise is ALWAYS a big hand. They tend to not bet draws, just call with them. And they almost never bluff. If you know they are multi tabling it gives you a very strong advantage IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done. You just stated four consecutive things as certain truth when in reality, none of them are true. At all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only are they not true, they are in fact the opposite of how a multi-tabling TAG plays. "Only calls the river with top pair." Are you kidding me? Do you have any conception of pot odds? You think most Tags will fold everything under top pair when the pot is laying them 6:1 or greater? "Only raises big hands preflop." Umm Blind stealing... Reraising laggy aggressors... "They don't bet draws." Yes they do, if the situation is correct.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:47 AM

i gotta disagree with this, but a lot of the time ur right
Old 06-23-2005, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see 5 "non-truths", do you?
Old 06-23-2005, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As i would guess the more tables someone is playing the more ABC they are probably playing and less likely that villain would pull a move like this.

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes you think that the correct (as you call it) "ABC" move wouldn't be to check-raise the river. Certainly this is a correct play a decent percentage of the time.
Old 06-23-2005, 01:25 PM

How would you know that they are multi-tabling?
Old 06-23-2005, 02:45 PM

search for the player
Old 06-23-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

shhhhhhhh