Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Cereal Cafes

Anyone been here? I think it sounds great, but I'm a cereal freak.

http://www.cereality.com/exp_menu.php
Old 06-20-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Cereal Cafes

i saw this on tv awhile back. i can't imagine what they'd have to charge for a bowl of cereal to make their rent, but considering cereal is pretty much the only meal cheaper than ramen i think the mark-up will have to be insane. i don't think i could pay that for cereal.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:55 PM

Similar things must have been said about Starbucks when it was first coming up. I'm predicting this to be all the rave with the hipsters and soon, all the sheep (85% of America) be paying $8+ for a bowl of Lucky Charms in a small cafe with crappy CDs and wireless internet.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Similar things must have been said about Starbucks when it was first coming up. I'm predicting this to be all the rave with the hipsters and soon, all the sheep (85% of America) be paying $8+ for a bowl of Lucky Charms in a small cafe with crappy CDs and wireless internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are couple of problems with the comparison. 1) Starbucks coffee is better than like 90% of other coffee. This place isn't giving people anything they don't get in their kitchen breakfast nook. 2) I think most people buy their coffee to go. I can imagine people trying to eat a bowl of cereal while driving to work, or rushing down the sidewalk to a meeting.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There are couple of problems with the comparison. 1) Starbucks coffee is better than like 90% of other coffee. This place isn't giving people anything they don't get in their kitchen breakfast nook. 2) I think most people buy their coffee to go. I can imagine people trying to eat a bowl of cereal while driving to work, or rushing down the sidewalk to a meeting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sell it in a cup that you drink it out of, like that new soup crap. FWIW, I think this is nasty.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sell it in a cup that you drink it out of, like that new soup crap. FWIW, I think this is nasty.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not familiar. A few years ago, Campbells was talking about soup kiosks in all the malls. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 04:39 PM

They have one on campus where I go to school. A lot of people I talked to thought it was really dumb, tried it, and were hooked. I personally haven't ever gotten anything there but some of the mixes look pretty good.
Old 06-20-2005, 04:54 PM

Looking into crystal ball...

I'm seeing you at Arizona State?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looking into crystal ball...

I'm seeing you at Arizona State?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, this is funny
Old 06-20-2005, 05:19 PM

If this idea flies, I'm opening up my own dream place, selling nothing but Wonder bread with the crust cut off, completely shmushed and shaped into cubes. That's good eating.