Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 12:07 AM

Default Are UK players insane?

I signed up at Doyle's room to check it out, clear a bonus, all that jazz...

Anyway the traffic is pretty low, but I noticed a great deal of the players (at least at the .25/.5 and .5/1 limit tables) are from the UK and they are crazy mad bad. They make your average PP player look like they wrote SSHE.

Are they just giving the UK a bad name or are people there just crazy gamblers or something?
Old 06-20-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Are UK players insane?

Better ganja ...
Old 06-20-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Are they just giving the UK a bad name or are people there just crazy gamblers or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all that beef we eat!
Old 06-20-2005, 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I signed up at Doyle's room to check it out, clear a bonus, all that jazz...

Anyway the traffic is pretty low, but I noticed a great deal of the players (at least at the .25/.5 and .5/1 limit tables) are from the UK and they are crazy mad bad. They make your average PP player look like they wrote SSHE.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guess it's different for every site, I play on pokeroom, micro limit, the worst players are by FAR americans (except Las Vegas players), and the least fishy are the tons of swedes that use the site.
Old 06-20-2005, 06:35 AM

I think its just a matter of frequency. I sit down at PP 1/2 tables and over a session see 150 players, 130 American, 15 European, 5 Other. There r a 90 Americans playing like idiots, 30 playing like rocks ( I have a starting hand chart and I'm not afraid to use it ) and 10 who have read SSHE. The same averages play out for UK/European players so only 1 or 2 of them isn't a total donk. Most sessins then I won't even see a decent UK player but will probably see a dozen bad ones. That's if I spend half my time hovering the mouse pointer over ID's to see where people come from.

I'm Scottish though, and insanity is pretty much a given for us. Our most potent weapon in live play is the threat of violence and we forget that doesn't have quite the same impact when your opponent is half the world away. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2005, 04:18 PM

As someone who's lived in the UK all his life, I feel qualified to state, without fear of contradiction, that every single one of us Brits is completely barking.

It's a way of life with us.

Actually, I've long suspected this is due to something they put in the water.

That and the politicians we have to endure.

Not to mention the weather.

And the crappy TV.

You learn to live with it.

Well, some of us do, anyway.

Woof!Woof!
Old 06-20-2005, 04:25 PM

what is doyles room and what is the bonus and how many hands to clear?
Old 06-20-2005, 05:37 PM

It's this "new" poker room that Doyle Brunson is the front man for (although from what I have read it's really just a skin hooked to some poker network I can't remember the name of).

The traffic is pretty like (4K or so last night, mostly NL players as well, less limit, there were like 1-2 full tables at each limit).

The bonus is something like 25% (35% if you use Netellar) up to like $125 (and a little more for Netellar).

The bonus is more difficult to clear than say a PP but not terribly difficult. What slows it down most would be it's tough to find full games at the limit you like and you can only play 3 tables max.

But there is good news, it's a total fish fest, even more so than PP. People raising me on the river with king high, any pair staying in the whole way, typical donk stuff, just in greater frequency.

Like I noted earlier, I see alot of UK players on this site for some reason and they were playing like maniacs (very loose, very aggressive).
Old 06-20-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Our most potent weapon in live play is the threat of violence and we forget that doesn't have quite the same impact when your opponent is half the world away.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL
Old 06-20-2005, 06:33 PM

I once made a post saying PP is NOT one of the looser sites out there, nearly got killed 4 it.