Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 02:21 PM

Default PP 3/6 multitabling

4-tabling, so no reads on villain. Discussion will probably be more interesting given results, so I will post them shortly.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP3 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.16 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.16 BB
Old 06-19-2005, 02:25 PM

Default Re: PP 3/6 multitabling

This is a really boring hand. And not having reads on villian because you are 4tabling is really no excuse.

Let me guess he had QJ for the rivered straight???

-SmileyEH
Old 06-19-2005, 02:29 PM

Looks like a set of tens or AK to me. Villain added money to the pot at every chance he had, which should be of some concern. You need to see a showdown with your hand, and I guess I'm fine with your C/C mode after his turn 3-bet. With a read I might cap the turn for value -- UTG+1 will probably never fold for additional bets, but he will sometimes have a weaker hand like KQ or QJ if he's one of the 35/19/3.5 types.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:33 PM

"4 tabling and so no reads" are you serious?

I hate that you don't raise the flop. And you should have capped the turn.

If he has a set so be it. But it's not too likely given his preflop raise. You're heads up with TPTK, I play that like it's the nuts.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:35 PM

Well, the point of this post was mainly to ask what people assume about the average Party 3/6 player in similar situations. On the turn, I thought he was most likely to have a set of tens(which he did), but not enough to justify a fold. Is this even a close decision?
Old 06-19-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a really boring hand. And not having reads on villian because you are 4tabling is really no excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you, I *really* wish the level of unnecessary negativity would go down here in the SS forum. I don't think you're really guilty of it Smiley, but I do want to point it out, because there are a lot of people just taking one line cheapshots in many of the threads, adding no value to the discussion. Saying someone played poorly, or sucks at poker, or that their hand is boring really isn't helpful, even if true. Saying WHY, on the other hand, is helpful, even if you do so only briefly.

So, I'd say this hand is boring because I don't see any hand reading coming into play, or any invocation of concepts that affect a broad range of hands, as opposed to the specific hand in play. I don't see us learning a lesson here, and the best posts tend to teach you at least some kind of lasting lesson. The Clarkmeister post about raising/betting when the flush arrives on the river, regardless of your holding, is a good example, as is the "way ahead/way behind" post from a few months ago.

So again, Smiley, I mean no disrespect -- I really enjoy reading your posts -- but I'm going to try &amp; make a point of this when and where unneeded negativity comes into threads.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:40 PM

Point taken, but this is the type of thread which usually results in the villian catching a miracle or having some really unlikely hand. It's more irritating then anything - the OP didn't play the hand incorrectly, I think folding could be the only mistake he could make. But yeah, I'll try to be nicer in the future [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-SmileyEH
Old 06-19-2005, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If he has a set so be it. But it's not too likely given his preflop raise. You're heads up with TPTK, I play that like it's the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad advice. Once the villian 3bets the turn, hero is very likely behind. This hand is completely standard. One could raise the flop, but raising the turn is just as good.

-SmileyEH
Old 06-19-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really bad advice. Once the villian 3bets the turn, hero is very likely behind. This hand is completely standard. One could raise the flop, but raising the turn is just as good.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with smiley. In most (but not all) cases, capping the turn is unnecessary chipspew. Reads would help us decide what to do, but as is we have none to go with. Reads are our friend.

Smiley - thanks for considering my point re: negativity. Again, I don't think you're really a guilty party, but there are many around the forum who are and our collective discourse is worse off for their ways. Seems to me that some posters care more about "being tough" than about good poker discussion.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:44 PM

You really think an UTG raiser is going to have a set of tens often enough for him to not think he has the best hand here? On second thought I don't mind waiting till the turn to raise b/c you'll get more value there. But I'd still cap the turn and call a bet on the river.