Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Anyone use Omaha Pokertracker?

Hey all -

I'm starting to learn O/8 and I'll be cluttering this forum with questions soon, so bear with me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For now, I'm just wondering if the Omaha version of PokerTracker is as useful as the Hold'em one. Since there are so many more starting hands and so many more situations, I'm wondering how valuable you all think it is -- obviously it will track VPIP, PFR%, and W$SD... but does it help you analyze your game?

(I'm talking about 8/b here)

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!
-dB
Old 06-19-2005, 04:21 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Anyone use Omaha Pokertracker?

[ QUOTE ]
Hey all -

I'm starting to learn O/8 and I'll be cluttering this forum with questions soon, so bear with me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

For now, I'm just wondering if the Omaha version of PokerTracker is as useful as the Hold'em one. Since there are so many more starting hands and so many more situations, I'm wondering how valuable you all think it is -- obviously it will track VPIP, PFR%, and W$SD... but does it help you analyze your game?

(I'm talking about 8/b here)

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks!
-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

Coupled with PlayerView, I find it invaluable for table selection and seeing my own stats.

Starting out, I was VPIP of 27% and Won$SD of 50%, which is terrible.

After my first 5,000 hands I'm at 20% VPIP and my Won$SD is now at 61% and continues to rise.

I don't have a large enough sample size to really check everything out yet, and I'm still learning the program, haven't fiddled with it too much yet.
Old 06-19-2005, 06:45 PM

yes, it's great. i have specifics at my site on why, and how i use it. www.o8poker.com
Old 06-19-2005, 07:40 PM

Cool website. I didnt look over the entire web site but I found the parts that I looked at pretty interesting. I put it under my favorites and will certainly look at it more in the future. NH sir
Old 06-19-2005, 08:04 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Gergery\'s Website

Looking through it so far and it looks great, lots of awesome info. Haven't checked it all out, but I must disagree with your bankroll section. $600 to play 3/6 for the average player? I don't know about that.

I believe you'll want 150BB's to be comfortable and avoid risk of ruin. So for 3/6 I'd recommend $900 to be safe and comfortable.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my Won$SD is now at 61% and continues to rise.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does "won" mean in O/8, in the context of W$SD?

Specifically - if you get quartered (or worse) and you actually lose money on the hand, does it say that you won?

-dB
Old 06-20-2005, 03:49 AM

Default Re: Gergery\'s Website

[ QUOTE ]
Looking through it so far and it looks great, lots of awesome info. Haven't checked it all out, but I must disagree with your bankroll section. $600 to play 3/6 for the average player? I don't know about that.

I believe you'll want 150BB's to be comfortable and avoid risk of ruin. So for 3/6 I'd recommend $900 to be safe and comfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

Yeah, that bankroll might be on the light side. But there is not that much fluctuation in O8, so I think its close.

I'll add another piece to the bankroll section that will let people customize it and/or put in their own numbers.

--greg