Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 03:23 PM

Default Two pair on a Royal flop.

I've been thinking about this hand for a while now. My analysis is at the bottom, what do you think of it?

MP1 is leaning towards LP after 30 hands.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

<font color="green">Analysis
With the PF raiser to my immediate right, my plan had been to c/r the flop to attempt to protect my hand. Unfortunately the bet came from the wrong place, which really threw me. I (now) think this is an example of not being able to protect my hand on the flop. So in hindsight, I should have called the flop, and prayed for non-club 8 or lower, and then (god willing) c/r the turn.

Assuming I take that line, when the 4th club hits on the turn, can I fold if I'm not getting 10.5:1?
</font>
Old 06-18-2005, 03:29 PM

Default Re: Two pair on a Royal flop.

i like pushing your edge when it is larger on the flop like you said in hindsight. also, i would fold the turn
Old 06-18-2005, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i like pushing your edge when it is larger on the flop like you said in hindsight. also, i would fold the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding the turn is wrong. You have four outs to a boat and you're getting 11:1.

I do fold this river though. I think MP1 has a flush very close to 100% of the time here.

I also fold this preflop.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:11 PM

i need to look at the hands more closely.... ATo is a fold UTG according to SSH tight game table. I like just calling the flop 3 bet. Turn i stand corrected you have 2 A's and 2 T's to fill up, so u need 10.5-1 and are getting 11.25-1, so call. Then, you didnt boat on the river, so my faulty reasoning on the turn becomes correct. fold the river.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:23 PM

ATo UTG is playable in loose conditions according to SSH, so I'm fine with that play.