Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 01:25 AM

Default TT limp facing raise

Stars WSOP double shootout finals, blinds 50/100. I limp UTG with TT and T1640. BB with T3025 raises to 300. BB is good player, a little looser than average. What do I do?
Old 06-17-2005, 01:28 AM

Default Re: TT limp facing raise

Pretty easy call. The T200 in your stack isn't going to make a huge difference. You've got enough chips for set value. I'd also be inclined to play if an A or K didn't hit the flop or, of course, I had an overpair. But at the very least, you can play for the set.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:33 AM

I am no pro and but this how I would most likely play it.

What was your read. Would he go 3BB with anything less than a preimum hand? I don't think you fold. Another 200 to see a flop with a pair, I would at least see the flop. Then fire out a pot size bet to see where i am at. If he comes over i would fold. If he calls i would check the turn if its not a T, fold if he puts in a large bet.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am no pro and but this how I would most likely play it.

What was your read. Would he go 3BB with anything less than a preimum hand? I don't think you fold. Another 200 to see a flop with a pair, I would at least see the flop. Then fire out a pot size bet to see where i am at. If he comes over i would fold. If he calls i would check the turn if its not a T, fold if he puts in a large bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
1) You don't need to make a pot size bet to see where you are. A bet of half to 2/3 the pot can easily do that.
2) A pot size bet or anything close to it pot commits you. That would be around T650. You've already put in T300. You only have T1640 left. You can't put in more than half your stack on the flop and then fold.
3) You'd make the bet regardless of the cards???? I sure wouldn't.
Old 06-17-2005, 02:12 AM

True to all points. Again i said i wasn't a pro.. This is how i learn.

I wound't bet to any cards. Of course if the flop is low or there is one over card on the flop i would bet see where i am at. If the bd, has a straigh draw (that my 10 is not part of), pairs, has flush draw, or more than 1 over card I would check. (i might bluff at it depending on the read on the player and my image). But of course i wouldn't bet to any. I didnt mean it to sound that way.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:01 AM

I pushed and villain showed KK. I think I may have made a poor read. The small raise from a good player might indivcate a big pair. Also he might need a strong hand to go over top of an UTG limper.

With the limpraise, I was representing a big pair. Obviously that will not impress a player with KK. A lot of times that play works with a pretty strong early position limping hand like this and I pick up the pot or get called.

If I had called in fired at the flop, I would have lost almost half of my chips anyway. Of course, the BB might have lead out on the flop with KK.

I wonder if with 16xBB I should have raised or folded UTG rather than limping.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:18 AM

I can't say I'm a fan of the utg limp-reraise. You end up all-in against strong hands and fold out weak hands that might pay you off on the flop.
Old 06-17-2005, 03:29 AM

Dont limp here. You're too shallow and the blinds are too valuable. Raise and go from there.

-Jason