Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2005, 02:14 AM

Default A couple of hands for Review please.

in this first hand, i put villain on exactly the hand he ended up having. having said that, would you have played it the same as me?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (9 handed) converter

MP3 ($93.7)
CO ($176.9)
Button ($93.9)
SB ($338.3)
BB ($195)
UTG ($161.85)
UTG+1 ($215)
MP1 ($351.4)
Hero ($244.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $2, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $9</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $18</font>, Hero calls $9.

Flop: ($39) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $35</font>, MP1 calls $35.

Turn: ($109) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero calls $191.25 (All-In), MP1 calls $191.25.

River: ($491.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $491.50

in this 2nd hand, the villain in early position is a total fish. no telling what he had. can you lay this down? i had a feeling i was beaten, but can i fold?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter

SB ($91.9)
BB ($214.9)
UTG ($404.3)
UTG+1 ($281.3)
UTG+2 ($218.8)
MP1 ($198.4)
MP2 ($306.57)
MP3 ($63.2)
CO ($119)
Hero ($122)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $2, MP3 calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $2, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($14) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets $4</font>, Hero calls $4, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls $4, UTG+2 folds, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($26) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, MP3 calls $2, Hero calls $2.

River: ($32) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $90</font>, MP3 calls $55.20 (All-In), Hero calls $90.

Final Pot: $267.20

thanks for the input, fellas!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:46 AM

Default Re: A couple of hands for Review please.

Will he call the turn with a flush draw and an A? If yes, good. Otherwise, seems very unnecessary.

On the second hand, what kind of fish we talking about? I'm still calling this almost always, and I'm raising that turn too.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:00 AM

Hand 1: Villian has KK or QQ with a heart, right? Sucks.

Hand 2: If the second player had folded I would definitely call this. With him in there.... jeez I don't know. Thats tough. I don't think I can get away from it.

EDIT: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I would fold. Thats a f***ed up hand.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:14 AM

hand one: I really dislike this overbet. Seems like you're either going to be called by AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], AA, or a made flush. Unless you know he's going to call all the time with AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] or KK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], I don't like it. I think he has AA or KK most of the time here with a small chance of AK [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Seems like a spot where only a better hand will call you.

hand two: the overcaller scares me, but if he has the three then you will only lose 10$ on the call... err... I'm sure someone will do the math necessary here but it looks like you need to press the "cry" button and fold
Old 06-22-2005, 06:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Will he call the turn with a flush draw and an A? If yes, good. Otherwise, seems very unnecessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

he showed a willingness to call a big flop bet, so i couldn't protect my hand adequately IMO against him. let him gamble all his chips on a 12 outer getting piss poor odds. i get calls like this all the time. it makes for some big losing sessions when they are hitting, but it also makes for some really big wins.

as for what he had, put yourself in his position. he limped, then re-raised. he had AA or KK. if he has AA, he has to bet the flop because he can't put me on a flush. he would rather me call his bets in case i have the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], right?

[ QUOTE ]
On the second hand, what kind of fish we talking about? I'm still calling this almost always, and I'm raising that turn too.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, if you raise the turn, and someone comes back over the top for a bunch of chips, you can lay this down?

cheers!
Old 06-22-2005, 06:26 AM

thanks for the reply. in hand 1, i get calls like this all the time with hands i beat. in this case, the villain had KK with a heart, and his flush made it. hands like this are the difference between big winning nights, and big losing ones. tonight was obviously a big losing one.

as for hand 2, i'm really trying to make big laydowns like this. i just can't seem to make it happen. the villain who overbet the pot had the case 3. he was the epitome of LAG (VPIP 54%, PFR 20% in over a hundred hands) , and not a very good one. the villain between us was just a run of the mill fish who had the case 9.

cheers!
Old 06-22-2005, 02:49 PM

bump
Old 06-22-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand one: I really dislike this overbet. Seems like you're either going to be called by AK , AA, or a made flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, and I have been in this situation before. Whats the right action?

Say we are heads-up and are first to act after the flop with 3 hearts on the board (diff from OP's case where there are 3 players):

Action: A probe bet to see where you stand? It would suck if your bet gave him the correct odds to play a four flush, and it also sucks to make it 3:1 to him with a made flush. A check gives you no information and a bet from him I would proably have to let go of the hand...
Old 06-22-2005, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Villian has KK or QQ with a heart, right? Sucks.

Hand 2: Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think I would fold. Thats a f***ed up hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play gooot.