Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 01:23 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Should This Be an Easy Fold?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

both of these guys were new to me and I had just sat down. I had a hard time making this fold.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero folds
Old 06-14-2005, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Should This Be an Easy Fold?

This is about as easy as folding top pair will ever get.

-Mike
Old 06-14-2005, 01:30 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I have such a hard time folding to unknowns. that's why I spend so much time with buddy lists and datamining and stuff. I just suck against unknowns. and his name was xKornx69 or something which contributed also. no one with stupid names like that actually play well
Old 06-14-2005, 01:30 AM

looks like a good fold, although i invariably put SB on a weaker A and call down [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2005, 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have such a hard time folding to unknowns. that's why I spend so much time with buddy lists and datamining and stuff. I just suck against unknowns. and his name was xKornx69 or something which contributed also. no one with stupid names like that actually play well

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw that guy limp on the button and figured he had to be an idiot. too bad the game fell apart. FWIW if he was open-limping on the button it was probably a good fold. did the hand get shown down?
Old 06-14-2005, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have such a hard time folding to unknowns. that's why I spend so much time with buddy lists and datamining and stuff. I just suck against unknowns. and his name was xKornx69 or something which contributed also. no one with stupid names like that actually play well

[/ QUOTE ]

i saw that guy limp on the button and figured he had to be an idiot. too bad the game fell apart. FWIW if he was open-limping on the button it was probably a good fold. did the hand get shown down?

[/ QUOTE ]

that was the hand where he started bitching about the other guy timing out. you were at my table during that hand? but yeah, that was a good game. one of the two huge donks was at two of my tables