Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2005, 07:11 AM

Default Action-packed TT

UTG - pretty loose & weak.
MP2 - Unknown. Shortstacked.
MP3 - SLAG (ish) over ~40 hands. Not a solid read.

What's my play on the river?
Comments on any other street also appreciated of course.

Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls (all-in), <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Ugh. I have a love/hate relationship with this flop. How should I best protect this hand? Can I ?? I decided to just push this as hard as possible.

Turn: (12 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

MP3's raise could easily be TP or two pair. Its UTG that scares me now. I decide to be aggressive until told otherwise.

River: (24 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero ???
Old 06-14-2005, 07:13 AM

Default Re: Action-packed TT

UTG is just coldcalling, it's very unlikely that he has you beat.

I would bet and call a raise. If he's laggy enough I might three-bet and call a cap.

If UTG is loose enough to call river bets with one pair, I would strongly consider going for a checkraise of the field here.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 AM

No flush came, and the anyone holding just and 8 or Q's hand went nowhere. Im with the OP on this one and you need to be very aggressive here. With some players cold calling shows more strength than betting or raising. I dont know anything about UTG here so I cant say what to make of his coldcalling, but I think it is very likely that you have the best hand here. So I 3 bet the river and call a cap. With this many players in you will get paid off when you are ahead and thus I want to get the max amount into the pot. Assuming you are up against your standard .5/1 players you will have the best hand here more often than not.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:34 AM

Bet, call a raise. I typically expect to see overplayed AA/KK here much more often than JJ, though, so I don't mind 3betting either.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. I have a love/hate relationship with this flop. How should I best protect this hand? Can I ?? I decided to just push this as hard as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
You've definitely got the right idea on the flop.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:50 AM

3-betting this turn is crazy against 2 players. I expect to see a flush (or a straight) here most of the times.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3-betting this turn is crazy against 2 players. I expect to see a flush (or a straight) here most of the times.

[/ QUOTE ]

MP3 is a LAG and it's likely that UTG has a lone Q or high heart.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP3 is a LAG and it's likely that UTG has a lone Q or high heart.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP said SLAG-40 hands (like myself). I would 3-bet only against a proven maniac (not even a LAG - LAGs are usually thinking players)
Old 06-14-2005, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well "crazy" seems a little over the top don't you think? When MP3 raises my bet he could do so with a variety of hands, a pair + a draw, two pair etc. I don't think he has a straight or a flush the majority of the time. UTG seems to be calling only so far. Of course he could be slowplaying a monster but he could also hold an OESD / gutshot, 1 high heart etc.
If I'm behind against a straight and/or a flush I have a good number of outs to the boat. I'd 3-bet this again.

When MP3 caps however, I start doubting the strength of my hand.

In the actual hand I chickened out on the river &amp; went for a check-call route. I wasn't really sure about my read on MP3. ie didn't know if he was a raving lunatic or a thinking LAG...

The river checked through and MP3 showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG showed A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG obvioulsy would have folded but I might have gotten another bet out of MP3?
Old 06-14-2005, 11:48 AM

Grunching:
I like the flop betting, but after the cap, I go into check/call mode. I might be too passive though. I know I wouldn't go for the 3-bet on the turn, but again, I might be too passive. The board is pretty connected here, and did 3-bet pre-flop, so he might have JJ. Just my thoughts.