Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 PM

Default Re: No way 20 % VPIP is optimal in Party $25 NL

Lots of people win the lottery, too.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:54 PM

I decided to read your post under the mistaken belief that you intended to make some effort at justifying the claim you made in the title.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I decided to read your post under the mistaken belief that you intended to make some effort at justifying the claim you made in the title.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2005, 08:03 PM

I once, two days ago actually, tilted away $1000 at the NL$100 to a total fish. I mean, his play was so bad that losing 10 buyins to him was really an achievement. Anyway, as new players/fish joined the table, they all assumed (out loud) that he was very good, and his bets recieved lots of respect from them.

Meh, where's the point of the story? Oh yes: 3,5Xbuyin stack does not mean the player has to be good. And you are a fish for thinking that it does [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I'm a fish too. At least marked as one in some buddy lists after that night [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2005, 08:20 PM

i've switched my game from vpip of 30-35 and pfr of 12-15 to 22/4 this week and have logged in 6k hands. i seem to be able to make the same amount of money, face fewer critical decisions, encounter less variance. i am currently 4 tabling and am confident that i can add maybe 2 more tables without affecting winrate much.
Old 06-12-2005, 08:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2005, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-13-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I once, two days ago actually, tilted away $1000 at the NL$100 to a total fish. I mean, his play was so bad that losing 10 buyins to him was really an achievement. Anyway, as new players/fish joined the table, they all assumed (out loud) that he was very good, and his bets recieved lots of respect from them.

Meh, where's the point of the story? Oh yes: 3,5Xbuyin stack does not mean the player has to be good. And you are a fish for thinking that it does [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

And I'm a fish too. At least marked as one in some buddy lists after that night [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think i was one of the new players who assumed out loud that he was good. i was just kidding around [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

when i see someone with a huge stack i naturally assume that they're really loose.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i've switched my game from vpip of 30-35 and pfr of 12-15 to 22/4 this week and have logged in 6k hands. i seem to be able to make the same amount of money, face fewer critical decisions, encounter less variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I have finally learned to stop making marginal calls preflop that put me in bad situations post flop.

My biggest leak is playing a hand like AJ on a 2 4 7 board when I raised 4xBB and got one caller. I have no idea how to play those hands. Wish I could figure it out.