Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 06:44 AM

Default 10/20 hand

I didn't play this hand, a friend of mine did.

Party 10/20 full table. You have 3600. Villain who is a regular very aggro but probably good. He has about the same amount as hero.

UTG raises to 60, You call MP with 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Villain calls in the bb.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, check, check

Turn is the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets 150, you call (debatable?)

River is the 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain bets 375, you make it 900, Villain pushes. Hero?

Comments all streets appreciated.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:57 AM

Default Re: 10/20 hand

Yuk. That is not a fun spot to be in.

On the turn I think a raise is in order, since the board is so draw heavy and who knows what villain has here. I think the river plays a lot easier if hero raises the turn.

On the river I am completely loss. Hero has not represented any strength then springs to life on the river. I think villains hand range here when he reraises is a bigger full house, a straight, or a bluff. Hero's betting suggests maybe something like A6s? Does villain think hero would come in with a hand like that and play it that way? Seems like if hero has A6 he has been playing rather dubiously, but I don't play in that game so maybe it fits.

I think if Hero believes Villain would put him on a 6, he has a tough choice, since villain may have come in with 24s or even maybe 47s getting a good price in the BB (or maybe even he has something like 77 if he thinks he can blow hero off a 6, but that is a level of ballsy that I am nowhere near).

To summerize, I think hero needs to raise the turn. Barring that I think hero needs to laydown to the reraise, and I am not positive just calling the river bet is not best. (I'm just not sure that you get called by worse hands enough here, and you certainly get raised by anything better.)
Old 06-10-2005, 08:03 AM

Was he looking to checkraise the flop you think? 56, or 55 would fit there.

-pot sized bet on turn, and river. Could've been trying to take it down on turn, and simply tripped up on river, putting you on just a pair. You could be ahead here, or up against something like 56. Tough spot.

And yeah, I really like a raise on turn.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:59 AM

I doubt villian would push to your reraise with a lone 6. You are probably toast here, and I'd say fold.

Villian could be going for a C/R on this K high draw heavy flop.

You have bottom full house and will probably be shown 56, 55 if you call.

I fold to the river.

Oh and I raise the turn, to 400.
Old 06-10-2005, 11:33 AM

raise the turn. i really don't see how you can call the river
Old 06-10-2005, 12:31 PM

That flop and turn action just REEKS of a whiffed check-raise. You're going to see 55/56/66 or (who knows?) even KK here WAY too often to call in my opinion.

SpaceAce
Old 06-10-2005, 01:01 PM

i like your buddys play on every street... i think he played it good. i think if he likes money he folded on the end. i dont see how he can win here.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:07 PM

not a big fan of raising the river. does a king pay off enough here?
Old 06-10-2005, 01:19 PM

With your friend's flat call on the turn, it is possible that a big king thinks you missed your flush draw and are trying to put a move on him on the river. Then again that might be reversed. He is "very agressive" right?

What is your friend's image?

Either way its a great bet and you can't call.
Old 06-10-2005, 03:10 PM

In my experience, the non-continuation bet on that type of board, followed by the strength shown on the turn and river is highly indicative of a slowplayed monster on the flop. He has a higher set a very large fraction of the time in this spot. Smells like KK.

That stated, you need to call on the turn and likewise make another call on the river since he could be getting cute with AA/AK or some kind of crappy bluff. I don't see what worse hands call your river raise other than maybe a naked 6.