Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2005, 01:30 AM

Default Just making sure..

I've noticed that my WTSD number is much lower than it should be (it's around 29).

Here's a hand that I thought maybe I should be calling down instead. (This was a pretty routine fold for me).

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 06-10-2005, 01:35 AM

Default Re: Just making sure..

Once he c/r's me on that river I'm folding as well. I'm assuming you had a read that told you he'd call with bottom pair to be betting this river?

Rob
Old 06-10-2005, 01:46 AM

Nope, kind of a stupid bet now that I think of it. Sometimes I think value bet too many rivers without paying attention to the texture of the board.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope, kind of a stupid bet now that I think of it. Sometimes I think value bet too many rivers without paying attention to the texture of the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a great value bet if you have a read that you can comfortably fold to a c/r and/or you know he'll call down with a lot worse hands, but it's not a great value bet otherwise. I've made a lot more slim bets than that, so no worries, but you do have to feel ok folding to a c/r when you make bets like this sometimes (and you will occasionally be throwing away a winner).
Old 06-10-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once he c/r's me on that river I'm folding as well. I'm assuming you had a read that told you he'd call with bottom pair to be betting this river?

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I need a read to not bet this river.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:55 AM

With a scary board 3 ways, I check behind this river, but your bet isn't too bad, nicely played after the check raise.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With a scary board 3 ways, I check behind this river, but your bet isn't too bad, nicely played after the check raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe it was heads-up on the river.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I need a read to not bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not if you're feeling that you need to ask if it's a good fold when you get c/r'd.
Old 06-10-2005, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Another river decision hand example...

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Villain is loose passive. Calls down too much.
Does not find the raise button very often, but I figured he would bet if checked to on river. What do you think?

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: (2.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks intending to call...
Old 06-10-2005, 02:18 AM

These are the kinda hands that screw me up. I'm afraid I'm either spewing chips or losing value. I'd have probably checked down but if I did bet I'd probably call the c/r without much thought. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]