Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2005, 05:06 AM

Default 1st post (nano-limit)

Started lurking here like two weeks ago. While digging in the archives (huge ammount of information there, thank you all) the advice that was most commonly given was to start posting hands. So I oblige. It's nano limit because I'm still building up a bankroll and confidence.

PokerStars 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.02.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

I bet the turn hoping I'de either win it right there or check behind on the river. When BB bets out I'm like wtf? and folded because the timebank expired.

edit: If it's just too low limit to reply to I understand and I'll wait with posting hands till I'm playing higher stakes.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Re: 1st post (nano-limit)

This is my first post too! That said QTo isn't a very good hand to limp with in mid posistion. Flop and turn look fine to me, but you have to call this river.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:25 AM

Agreed on both parts, reason I limped was because CO posted a blind. Does that make any sense?
Old 06-08-2005, 05:37 AM

This is a hand you typically would call from the cutoff or button w a few limpers in front. In this hand there is only one so I think it's a fold.
Old 06-08-2005, 11:45 AM

Fold pf, call the river, Welcome to the forums [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

-Jaran
Old 06-08-2005, 12:09 PM

QTo is pretty weak in MP against an EP limper. That said, with CO posting you could raise instead of limping, and try to get it HU with the limper, but only if the table is generally passive. That's a dangerous play, but depending on your table-image and the texture of the table it might be worth taking a shot.

The flop raise is fine. Looks to me like BB is trying out CDC's BB play we were discussing yesterday. Link.

Take the free turn card. You're not folding an ace, here, and it would suck to get raised.

Did BB make his flush on the river? I doubt it. But, he might still be holding an ace. This guy is a nut and you should make a note of him...AFTER you call the river (using the bet you saved on the turn).
Old 06-08-2005, 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
edit: If it's just too low limit to reply to I understand and I'll wait with posting hands till I'm playing higher stakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

A SB is a SB and a BB is a BB. What they're worth in real-world money is immaterial. There is some difference between Mid-/High-stakes, Small-Stakes and Micro-Limit, mostly in terms of the experience level of your average opponent, but within those distinctions the plays are a lot the same. Post away, and do it now while your edumakashun will be cheaper.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold pf, call the river, Welcome to the forums [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Take the free turn card. You're not folding an ace, here, and it would suck to get raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? I bet this every time. The ace is a scare card, but there's no reason yet to suspect that someone has one.
Old 06-08-2005, 12:43 PM

First welcome to the forums and dont worry about posting nano-stakes games here. This forum is a place for all of us to learn.

Your play looked fine up until the river. But you should have called the river bet.

BB may have picked up a flush, but that is unlikely. He may have made 2 pair and have you beaten, but he also may have decided to bet on the end as a bluff when he saw the 3rd [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

You were getting just over 9 to 1 to call, and had a decent pair. So you only needed to win this pot 10% of the time to make calling profitable. You will probably win often enough in similar situations to this to make calling the river bet correct.