Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 09:05 PM

Default todd brunson is a funny man

just watched the poker superstars.

todd brunson says, "you know this isn't fair, im up against a genius(caro), a magician(esfartandria), a matador(carlos), a wizard(hoffman), AND A TERRORIST(deeb)!!!

lmfao i can't believe he called freddy deeb a terrorist on national television. his got balls and my kind of humor. respect.
Old 06-06-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Re: todd brunson is a funny man

I thought that was one of the funniest things I've heard a player say on televised poker.

He can also be a scarry man. Later in the show, when the dealer prematurely tried to deal the turn card, I thought he was going to step over the tabel and rip the poor dealer's head off.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:09 PM

Sure, the dealer almost screwed up (assuming nobody saw the turn card), but I think he overracted. I felt sorry for the poor girl. "What were you thinking? What were you thinking?"
I think Todd comes off as a spoiled rich kid.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:19 PM

1.I thought that comment was hilarious also. He must know Deeb very well to say that on tv.

2.I also thought he overreacted a bit. I mean, I don't think either of them saw what the card was going to be, and Carlos would have folded to that bet without the dealer making that blunder.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.I thought that comment was hilarious also. He must know Deeb very well to say that on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

If Brunson and Deeb are friends, then the comment is funny. If he doesn't know Deeb that well, then the comment is still funny, but in pretty bad taste.

[ QUOTE ]
2.I also thought he overreacted a bit. I mean, I don't think either of them saw what the card was going to be, and Carlos would have folded to that bet without the dealer making that blunder.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was more than "a bit" of an overreaction. Add poker tournament director to the list of jobs I wouldn't be able to hold for very long. I'd have penalized him for that conduct toward the dealer.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He can also be a scarry man. Later in the show, when the dealer prematurely tried to deal the turn card, I thought he was going to step over the tabel and rip the poor dealer's head off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, the look in his eyes was pretty nutty - good thing the TD was there to pat him on the back and make it better....
Old 06-06-2005, 10:57 PM

I really love the fact that Todd Brunson said this stuff. He's flirting with being totally out of line (whether he's tight with Deeb or not), but he says it anyway.

As for the dealer almost making that mistake, yes, he overreacted. But to be fair, sometimes it's almost incomprehensible how "professionals" can act so unprofessionally, and I'm sure he's just one of those guys who really believes that if you're paid to do something you know how to do, then you ought to just get it done without screwing up. I know I feel that way every day.

Either that or he's a lunatic.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If Brunson and Deeb are friends, then the comment is funny. If he doesn't know Deeb that well, then the comment is still funny, but in pretty bad taste.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was more than "a bit" of an overreaction. Add poker tournament director to the list of jobs I wouldn't be able to hold for very long. I'd have penalized him for that conduct toward the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right you wouldn't last long, penalizing a player for a dealer screwup.

RZ
Old 06-07-2005, 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are right you wouldn't last long, penalizing a player for a dealer screwup.

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Dealer didn't ACTUALLY screw up, right? Just almost screwed up. Maybe I don't understand what actually happened.

I penalize him even if the dealer DID screw up, by the way.

I'd hold them to tougher standard regarding dealer abuse for a televised event than a non-televised one.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:20 AM

Somebody just bought themselves a Jihad.......