Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:05 PM

Default This one\'s for shadow.

Yes, this is intentionally posted in this forum. Villain isn't that different from a micro player and is the sort of player you see a lot as games become shorthanded.

Villain is very loose and of above-average aggression. I have no notes on him regarding river bluffs but I do know that he's capable of aggression in general, and I have seen him make some odd turn bluff-raises (raised A2o on a K765 board in a smallish pot).

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: This one\'s for shadow.

Well, I'm not Shadow, but I'll comment.

Prefrop, frop, and turn are obvious. With that odd turn raise, a river bluff is not out of the question. Are you good 1 in 7? Possibly. I think that if it's -EV, it's slim, and likely made up for by getting a read on this guy's river play.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:13 PM

Every street looks good to me. If the BB had checked the river what would you have done?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Every street looks good to me. If the BB had checked the river what would you have done?

[/ QUOTE ]

Checked.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:40 PM

I feel so special. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

This makes sense to me. It would help if I had the street by street aggro factors (that's for you, Sarge).

Yeah, there's just no hand that would be justified calling pf, flop, and turn (even in a LAG's mind) that is improved by the J. So what leads you to call on the river is he thinks that you have overcards and is going to bluff. You can't put him on a hand and the pot is sorta big (actually 7 BBs was the pot size I was thinking of, you're a champ).

Anything to add/that I missed?
Old 06-07-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This makes sense to me. It would help if I had the street by street aggro factors (that's for you, Sarge).

Yeah, there's just no hand that would be justified calling pf, flop, and turn (even in a LAG's mind) that is improved by the J. So what leads you to call on the river is he thinks that you have overcards and is going to bluff. You can't put him on a hand and the pot is sorta big (actually 7 BBs was the pot size I was thinking of, you're a champ).

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, his street-by-street aggression factors were like 1.8/2/1.8.

Rob
Old 06-07-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

IIRC, his street-by-street aggression factors were like 1.8/2/1.8.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a big spike, but when I see stuff like that I become more inclined to call on the river with more marginal holdings.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:46 PM

Against this guy I think this is fine.

I imagine he would take a desperation stab 14% of the time or whatever it is.

I also like it more since a pair flopped.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I feel special [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I wish I can remember what book I read it in, (I want to say "Improve your Poker" by Caiffone (sp?)) that address seemingly out of the no where bets on the end, and alot of the time it ends up being a busted draw and a desperation bet.

Sounds like he has enough moxee in him that you would have heard from a real hand with a CR on the turn - NOT a lead out on the river.

What was the pot? 7BB's - so you need to be right 12% of the time (sometimes i get lost in this part).

NH. I admit these are tough calls that I'm not often willing to make. Seems like when I do, I end up on the wrong side of the numbers.

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, that's pretty much it. These situations always annoy me but generally it's been +EV for me to call these weird desperation bets unless I have a read that they won't bluff.

Rob