Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Disconnect abuse

I don't think it is done to me as often as others, but I've just got my second victim's protection taken away.

Keep reporting the swines.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Disconnect abuse

i play mostly using a wireless router and my connection goes in and out pretty often. I must have used disconnect protect dozens of times. The funny thing is that it has never happened in a big hand. So when i see other people use it to cheat a game, even if it isnt against me, i make sure to report it.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:35 PM

It hasnt happened to me in a while, but Ive had 3 guys protections taken away in the past few months.

Theres nothing worse than making a big bluff and he disconnects with his flush draw or top pair.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theres nothing worse than making a big bluff and he disconnects with his flush draw or top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't imagine how bad that is. Well I suppose I can, but it's bad. Real bad.

There's no place for all-in protection in a no limit poker game, if you disconnect, bad luck.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:13 PM

I share your sentiment. One problem I encounter is when the abuse occurs I urge the player involved in the pot to report the abuse. Invariably the response is "How do you do that?" Party (and Empire, etc) have done a poor job of providing information on how to report abuse.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:18 PM

I agree. I always just email party FWIW. They replied in a couple of hours today.
Old 05-27-2005, 02:19 PM

I report it whenever it happens in a big hand. 2 for 2 so far with getting it taken away.

I've been taking a lot of hilarious verbal abuse lately, and I'm tempted to try to get chat banned from some players, but these players are invariably terrible and may tilt less if they can't chat.
Old 05-29-2005, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been taking a lot of hilarious verbal abuse lately, and I'm tempted to try to get chat banned from some players, but these players are invariably terrible and may tilt less if they can't chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

My standard line here is to tell them I've notified Party, but not do it.

Sometimes they pipe down and that's OK; more often, their antisocial personality disorder is iced with a deep resentment of authority. If there's anything more profitable on this earth than an enraged poker player, I've yet to find it.
Old 05-30-2005, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it bothers you, turn chat off; if you think it's funny, keep chat on and keep on laughing away [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-30-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My standard line here is to tell them I've notified Party, but not do it.

Sometimes they pipe down and that's OK; more often, their antisocial personality disorder is iced with a deep resentment of authority. If there's anything more profitable on this earth than an enraged poker player, I've yet to find it.

[/ QUOTE ]

A drunken one.