Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Default QQ

SB is a strange player, Assume no reads but he seems loose/Aggressive/Bluffer

Hero on BB has Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Preflop:

5calls, SB Calls, <font color="red">Hero Raises </font> ,5 Calls, <font color="red">Sb ReRaises </font> , <font color="red"> Hero Reraises(capped) </font> , 5 call, SB Calls

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (7 players)

SB Checks, <font color="red"> Hero Bets </font> , 4calls, 1fold, Sb Calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6players)

SB Checks, <font color="red">Hero Bets </font> , 4calls, <font color="red">Sb Reraises </font>, iNsChris Calls,4 callers.

- So i got check raised here but not to worried, this guy is an odd player so i'm not worried. Worried about the callers though.

River - 26.5BB's J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6players)
Checked through.

Should i have bet the river? my position sucked and with check-raise and many seeing river i was worried and unsure of there hands.

So played poor? suggestions advice please.

<font color="blue">
Guess i should ReRaise turn, Bet river?
</font>
Thanks.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:13 PM

Default Re: QQ

How good do you think QQ on the turn when 5 player have called your bet on the flop? Remember theres an A and a K on board. I'd probably checkcall the flop and the turn given I have the odds to draw to my gutshot. Better than usual odds too since you'll split more often here.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:15 PM

Check/call turn. DO NOT bet river. Good God man there is a A and K on board and it's coordinated heavily and the whole world is in the pot with you. I also check/call flop and pray for a T to hit the whole way.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:15 PM

No way I'm reraising that river in this huge field. I think you played this well. I check this river, too. There are way too many people calling you for me to think that your hand is best. If you won, you're a lucksack than none of the other guys were donking along with A2 or K5.

BTW, are you playing on a site that doesn't support the hand converter? Also, you get a gold star for table selection.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:16 PM

Yeh, This is the thing...

I'm sure i was beat when it flopped anyhow but having the hugepot though i had the pot odds:Odds to improve to call(gut shot).

Although i forgot at that point it would split anyhow if i do hit it.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:45 PM

After the river checked, I was quietly confidant.

SB didn't bother me, The other callers did (Holding Ace's etc)

Results in white below:

<font color="white">
SB has 9d Tc = Pair: Kings
BB(Hero) QQ, 2Pair QQ KK.

Wins 2.76
</font>

p.s. Find recreational players, Buddy up with them - Play with them. Thats how i "table select" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2005, 04:50 PM

Somebody call the results oriented police.
Old 05-28-2005, 04:56 PM

Lol nah, I like i play good poker and results (winning is a bonus) don't mean much.

Played long enough now, Got rid of my "results orientated" ways(90%).

Just wanted to make sure i played ok, I felt not betting river was bad (With the reads i had) but hindsight is wonderfull.

Thanks all.
p.s. Hand converter doesnt work, I tried messaging the creator of it, Dont think i got a reply.
Old 05-28-2005, 05:47 PM

*posting blind*

Do not bet that river. With that many people in, I don't think your pair is good. I would have checked the turn and hoped for a free card.