Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Harrington on Hold em

First post here and a relatively novice player, but I just picked up Harringtons book. What are your thoughts on this, what books do you recommend? -thanks
Old 05-22-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Harrington on Hold em

Excellent choice for a tournament book. Volume II is coming out soon, I would expect this one to be just as helpful. If you're going to play limit cash games, definitely pick up small stakes hold'em by miller/sklanky. Books for NL cash games are a bit sparse, but Super System and PL and NL poker by Reuben/Ciaffone are probably the best.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Excellent choice for a tournament book. Volume II is coming out soon, I would expect this one to be just as helpful. If you're going to play limit cash games, definitely pick up small stakes hold'em by miller/sklanky. Books for NL cash games are a bit sparse, but Super System and PL and NL poker by Reuben/Ciaffone are probably the best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Volume I of Harrington on Hold'em applies to NL cash games (as well as early NL tourney stages).

Adam
Old 05-22-2005, 05:08 PM

Is that the book with the blue cover you're reffering to? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 07:00 PM

The book is obviously directed at tourney situations, but I think so much of it applies really well to cash games. I think it's by far the best NL content available right now. I believe it does a great job of explaining the why behind the what.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:00 PM

super system by doyle brunson is a book that every poker player who is good has read. It is the basis of all poker knowledge. read it
Old 06-05-2005, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
super system by doyle brunson is a book that every poker player who is good has read. It is the basis of all poker knowledge. read it

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, ive never read this....guess im not good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2005, 05:40 PM

Super System is a book that is highly over rated since it cannot cover in depth the games it covers like most other books which focus on a par ticular subject can

Edit: Bah, apparently the two plus two forums don't do bolding and italics as well as the Super System can.
Old 06-05-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Super System is a book that is highly over rated since it cannot cover in depth the games it covers like most other books which focus on a par ticular subject can

Edit: Bah, apparently the two plus two forums don't do bolding and italics as well as the Super System can.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 06-05-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

damn, ive never read this....guess im not good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

same here. dammit. guess its time to go find a job