Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 09:44 PM

Default Best Wireless Device for poker

I read that Erick Lindgren plays poker when he is driving from L.A. to vegas, Whats the best way todo that?? I want to play from work and im looking for the best way
Old 05-26-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Best Wireless Device for poker

Look into using your cell phone as a connection to the internet.

That's prolly how he does it.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look into using your cell phone as a connection to the internet.

That's prolly how he does it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not aware that any poker sites make java clients though. You'll need some way to actually play once you're connected.

I saw the same comment and was curious myself.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:22 PM

On the train in Boston I saw a guy using the internet on his lap top. he had a wireless card in his laptop that had a little cell-phone like antenna.

when i asked how he did it & what it costs he told me that it worked analogously to how cell phone communication works, that its speed is about as fast as dial-up, and that it ran about 70-80 bucks/month. Don t quote me on that last part though.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:38 PM

I know at pokerroom you can play from your phone, they have about 20 phones that you can play from, I just bought a palmone 650, but It does not work with pokerroom
Old 05-27-2005, 12:19 AM

I use a verizon air card($50 bucks after all rebates) for unlimited data transfer it runs $79.99 a month($91 after taxes, fees, surcharges, etc).

Most of the time I am stationary and it provides an adequate connection for online poker. I did try it once while in a slow moving vehical(switch engine in a train yard) and it worked fine as well. The vehical never exceeded 10 mph and never moved more than 4000 ft. I don't know how well it will work while driving at speed, or wether it will drop connection as you move from cell tower to cell tower.

Last weekend I was at a couple of estate sales and found a painting I liked. I know nothing about art so I did not know if I was getting a good deal or getting ripped off. I pulled out my laptop searched google and ebay. I made a somewhat educated guess about what the painting might be worth and made an offer on it accordingly.

Its also nice to be able to take the kids to the park and play poker while they play. Lots of other places I have used it to turn normally unproductive time into productive time(play while waiting for them to finish changing the oil change in my car, etc). Its a great tool for balancing poker with the rest of my life.

Stu
Old 05-27-2005, 12:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
On the train in Boston I saw a guy using the internet on his lap top. he had a wireless card in his laptop that had a little cell-phone like antenna.

when i asked how he did it & what it costs he told me that it worked analogously to how cell phone communication works, that its speed is about as fast as dial-up, and that it ran about 70-80 bucks/month. Don t quote me on that last part though.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry...had to quote you
Old 05-27-2005, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Its also nice to be able to take the kids to the park and play poker while they play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm.... not to make judgement on your parenting skills, but does anyone else find this a little odd?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I use a verizon air card($50 bucks after all rebates) for unlimited data transfer it runs $79.99 a month($91 after taxes, fees, surcharges, etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

That is the saem plan I was looking at so I can play anywhere, anytime. Here's the link for those intereseted:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/m...roadbandAccess
Old 05-27-2005, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its also nice to be able to take the kids to the park and play poker while they play.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm.... not to make judgement on your parenting skills, but does anyone else find this a little odd?

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh...kids go to the park to play with other kids not their Daddy. At least he gets the kids away from the TV for a couple hours a day.