Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2002, 09:46 PM

Default 6PLO8HL Very odd situation (not for the faint of heart)

Pot limit 6 Card Omaha hilo (yes, we play that here)

hand A246KQ

BB raises preflop, I call, leaving me £75 in front of me.

flop JT3 rainbow, BB bets pot (30) one caller to me on button, what should I do.
Old 11-28-2002, 10:58 PM

Default Re: 6PLO8HL Very odd situation (not for the faint of heart)

I'd call, then go all in on the turn if the board didn't pair.

In Texas, 6PLO8HL is called "Action"!
Old 11-29-2002, 03:00 AM

Difficult without the suits and an idea how much the BB is playing, but..

I can understand why you limped, (almost), I can't really see a call of the BB's raise, unless you know a lot about him, but OK.

now if he's a rocket you have no idea what he has, - any set, 2 sets, a set 3flush draws a nut low draw and a nut high str8 draw, (not impossible this is 6card), 2overpairs and 2pair and the high str8 draw, with flush possibilities, or anything else.

If he's not a rocket he could have many of the above also.

You don't have a made hand, you only have a runner, runner low draw, and you have no back up for your str8 (sets or on the info provided back door flush), or enough ££ to bet the BB out if you make your hand next card.

But it is 6card and you're in this far, RERAISE......

or fold and put the £75 on roulette.

Regards

Pastor
Old 11-30-2002, 02:11 AM

The results (Not that they should matter)

I noticed that any turn card, other than a pair up, improves my hand dramatically, this is what I thought was odd about the hand, so I moved in, BB called like a shot with his JJQQK9 (OMG what a hand, kills mine dead as it happens) and I scooped when it came

turn 5
river 7

[img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Im not sure how good this was as a play, sure, against the hand he had, it was awful, but obviously I dont know that at the time, how good is it to know the turn is very very likely to give you a monster?
Old 11-30-2002, 02:16 AM

The reason for the call preflop is that it is one of those games where everyone sees the flop, I lower my starting requirements somewhat because many of the players are useless post flop, they will even call with A3 on the river in an attempt to get the low.

I did not mention this because the BB is a solid player and so it doesn't affect the post flop action on this occasion.

It is common in such games for a £5 chip to be thrown in for a raise, just to make a nice pot, the raise is fairly meaningless.

I like the analysis, and appreciate it, it was fairly similar to what I thought at the time.

If my stack is 200 and so is his, then what would the play be? Instinct says call flop call turn (assuming no pair up) and keep it cheap.

I made your play, it all went in...result posted above
Old 11-30-2002, 06:28 AM

Good play. Even if he turned his hand over, you still had more outs for nut high on the flop, and when the turn card came, you had way the best of it.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:49 PM

Default Now that is a wild game!

Lorinda,

I played this game four-handed at the Four Queens Classic this year with a couple of Australians and one other guy. It was crazy. Rolled $500 up to about $1200, then went bust with A34578 [suited ace] and the flop came A-2-T with a flush draw for me. J on turn, T on river, guy turns over T-2-3-4-x-x to take monster pot down [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I don't remember what his other two cards were, but there was no 5 in there, so his low/wheel draw was very vulnerable. Ah well, it makes up for the time I put my whole stack in against Jacob Horowitz with nothing more than top pair and nut low, and was VERY lucky to escape with 1/4 of the pot.

M.