Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 01:48 PM

Default Just WB with TT?

I was playing some 1/2 6max on Party clearing the bonus when this hand came up. Villain had just sat down a few hands ago but had been super-aggressive with the few hands he had played. He showed down some premium stuff, however, so he might just be a lucksack.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero???

Of typical 6max preflop 3-betting hands, I'm ahead of 99, KQs, and maybe 88. I'm drawing to quads (if that) against everything else. What is your line? I considered c/c - c/c - bet/call, c/c - c/c - bet/fold, c/c - c/c - check/fold, check/calling all the way, open-folding...I wasn't sure.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Just WB with TT?

Well I think I'd rule out open-folding [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I'd definitely stick a bet out there on the flop and see what happens. There's a good chance that board is scary to him too.

I'm also not sure I could get away from this hand unless a K or Q fell on the turn. My line would probably be bet/call; check/call; check/call. If you're feeling frisky, you could also try to represent the case A (bet/3-bet; lead turn...).
Old 05-25-2005, 01:57 PM

hmm i might try and find a fold here, but i dunno how to get to that. i feel like you're either going to see that ace or a larget PP.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:59 PM

My line is moronic, but here it is...ck/c, ck/c, c/r, if no overs to my pp fall.

-Jaran
Old 05-25-2005, 02:07 PM

Check/raise? Do you think I'm good often enough, or are you trying to push him around?
Old 05-25-2005, 02:12 PM

I'd c/c unless it gets checked through, in which case I'd bet the following street.

If you thought you could take him off a typical 3-bet hand (doesn't seem like it in this case), I'd lead each street until raised, then c/c.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:16 PM

Although your read is only over a few hands, for some reason I don't put him on a big pp here. But I've been away from the game for a while, so I really suck (whereas I only marginally sucked before).
Honestly, I think you are good here unless an over falls. Call me wacky.

-Jaran
Old 05-25-2005, 02:54 PM

bet. see what happens after that. if he folds oh well, if he calls, keep betting, if he raises...hmmmm...call down.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:09 PM

I've been thinking about this hand some more, and I see that it's not a traditional WA/WB situation, in that betting out will not necessarily cause a lesser hand to just fold. Unlike scaring off someone with KK/QQ on an A high board, 88 and 99 are apt to call down (or even raise) on this board (KQs will probably fold). That said, there are a lot more hands that I'm behind than I'm ahead, here.

Have me whooped:
AK (4), AQ (4), KK (6), QQ (6), JJ (6) = 26 hands

I whoop:
99 (6), 88 (6), KQs (4) = 16 hands

Tie with TT (1)

That's a moderately aggressive list of 3betting hands for 6max play, and it doesn't look like I'm good often enough to be able to raise for value. I can be fairly sure that it's going to cost me 2.5 BB to showdown and try to win 6.25 BB. It looks like showing down is good, but if that list of hands gets trimmed at all to look more like a full ring list, things start looking grim fast.

I also don't think I have much folding equity amongst hands that have me crushed. QQ and JJ aren't going to give me credit for KK because I didn't cap preflop. Even if I scare them with lots of pressure, I think an unknown will tend to call down with these here rather than fold to possible quads.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:10 PM

Me gusta:

c/c, c/c, c/c.

If he checks behind on any street, bet the next street.