Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 01:19 PM

Default too aggressive with A9s?

okay, i'm putting this in by hand so bear with me...
no real reads on MP2 limper. generally weak-tight. cold calling and betting everything oddly.

no preflop raise, but once and that is a 3-bet with KK. limps with ATo, AKo, KQs, K9o- doesn't matter position or whoelse was in. this was my first experience of a c/r from this guy.

200 hands: 30% VPIP and 1.45% PRFR. i don't know how to get the AF, but he would randomly call down or bet out with Top Pair. my best read would be: sTP-sLP

Hero has: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: 3 folds, MP2 limps, 1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 3 folds, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">MP2 reraises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">MP2 caps</font>

Turn:8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">MP2 bets</font>, Hero...?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:24 PM

Default Re: too aggressive with A9s?

With your gutshot and possibly good two-pair outs I think you have to call, although I may have miscounted the pot. I think you were overly aggro though, yes.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:26 PM

I think I am folding this turn... What do you think you can beat?

Sorry, did not see the gutshot. Yes, I am calling.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:39 PM

I wouldn't 3-bet that flop, especially given your read. Turn's worth a call, methinks.
Old 05-23-2005, 02:31 PM

i figured. i think it was more out of frustration of a bad night [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

if i hadn't 3-bet the flop and him capping, i wouldn't have the odds to call a turn for my 4-outer gutshot. i should have folded either the turn or river when my straight didn't come in.

as it were, i was a retard, called down, he turns over JJ for trips. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2005, 02:42 PM

I'd call his check raise on the flop.

I'm interested in how we should play it on the turn if 1) we just called his flop check raise and 2) we didn't pick up a gutshot.

We'd need to either go to showdown or ditch it now. We'd be getting about 3.5-1 if we took it to showdown. Is our hand best 1 in 4.5 times here?
Old 05-23-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i figured. i think it was more out of frustration of a bad night [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

if i hadn't 3-bet the flop and him capping, i wouldn't have the odds to call a turn for my 4-outer gutshot. i should have folded either the turn or river when my straight didn't come in.

as it were, i was a retard, called down, he turns over JJ for trips. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're being too hard on yourself. i don't like the 3 bet, but I would've called down. I rarely fold top pair in low limit unless there is an obvious straight or flush on the board, especially when I can call down for one on the turn and one on the river. There have just been too many times when I "knew" I was beat, called down anyway, and won the pot.

Like last night, I had QsJs. By the turn, the board was Jx, 9s, 9x, and a rag spade. It was 4 handed and 3 bet. The river was a Q. Someone had to have the 9, right? But whatever, I called because it was only one more bet and the pot was big, and my 2 pair were good.

also, I don't think you could've known you only had 4 outs on the turn. There was a decent chance your outs to the 9 were good.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:59 PM

maybe it's just me, but, dude, i never understand your postings. "3-bet"??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

3-betting the flop IN position with top pair, weak kicker against a check-raise (!) and this PT-data about the opponent is .... "not so good" (to put it mildly). Call down (unless you hit a T). Certainly he can still have a weaker ace or something...) What else can you do, than to call down?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:08 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind, last night (for me: this morning) I lost $220 against 2 absolutly maniacs, and I am really feeling, as I would have a stomach ulcer.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe it's just me, but, dude, i never understand your postings. "3-bet"??? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] ahahaah! touche!

[ QUOTE ]
3-betting the flop IN position with top pair, weak kicker against a check-raise (!) and this PT-data about the opponent is .... "not so good" (to put it mildly). Call down (unless you hit a T). Certainly he can still have a weaker ace or something...) What else can you do, than to call down?

[/ QUOTE ]
please don't misunderstand me, i wasn't saying i "trusted" those stats. i just put them up there. what i was trying to say was i couldn't get a read because IMO, he played his hands like crap and got lucky..A LOT [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] he'd limp with ATo miss on the flop and turn, river a T and win. he'd limp AJo UTG, folded to me in CO, i raise with 99. he wins with a rivered Jack after calling a flopped K and turn blank. so, i think i was a tad on tilt on his c/r that he got his trips. i'm down 40BB so far (not bad, but still sux).