Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 05:00 PM

Default PP bonus time

Back to 0.5/1 for the PP bonus and a lot of beer... Hand reading pays off:

Hand 1

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

UTG+2 is 19/5 and typically .5/1 tight and predictable
Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Just checking if UTG+1 is on a draw. I have position, I love HU and I have a tight image on the table (!), I have induced a few folds before.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls.

I'm WB/WA so I bet. I will fold if raised

River: (7.25 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds.

I don't want to lose to a pair of 8s, so I bet

Final Pot: 8.25 BB
Old 05-20-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: PP bonus time

I can live with all of it until the river...does that bet really have any kind of vlaue? How often do you deem a pair of 8's to fold there? I say never.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can live with all of it until the river...does that bet really have any kind of vlaue? How often do you deem a pair of 8's to fold there? I say never.

[/ QUOTE ]

hero raises preflop and raises on the flop and bets on the turn. villain, unless he has the jack and is playing passively probably wants to see if he'll get something on the river. hero is stong cold bluffing. at .5/1 with a tight read and playing against 19/5 stats, i'd bet the river too.

NOTE: i do NOT see this as standard.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM

I have a question? I am new to SSH; however, I play more from the approach of HFAP.

In this situation, what if the villian had three Jacks and check-raised you on the river. Isn't play like this a bit risky. I'm not being critical, I'm just curious.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a question? I am new to SSH; however, I play more from the approach of HFAP.

In this situation, what if the villian had three Jacks and check-raised you on the river. Isn't play like this a bit risky. I'm not being critical, I'm just curious.

[/ QUOTE ]

If villian has 3 jacks and performs the check/raise the hero has an easy laydown so it's no worse for the hero than if the villian just called here. Also villian takes a huge risk that hero will check behind (although this is a good line against some opponents who can't resist betting when checked to). A better line for the villian might be to check/raise the turn and bet the river. Or to bet straight out on the river and hope the hero calls.
Old 05-20-2005, 08:50 PM

check behind on the river