Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Look, it\'s another club!

Party 2/4 6-max

I openraise on the button to $12 with J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Both blinds call. Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] X [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. They both check. These players have been defending their blinds pretty loosely so there's no reason to think they have a king, and I haven't played many hands in the last few orbits so they should give me some respect here. My combined folding equity, pot equity, and free card equity look pretty good. So I put out $24 but the SB raises to $48, BB calls, and I call. Turn is the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and they both check to me. I have about $330 left, SB has that covered, and BB has $80.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Look, it\'s another club!

What the hell is BB check-calling two bets cold with that won't bet/raise himself?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:20 PM

Bet. You are going to feel sick if you check and another club hits the river. If the short stack pushes, oh well. The only question, IMO, is what is your plan if you bet and the big stack check/raises. Do you have any previous history with him? Have you seen him play draws before, etc?
Old 05-18-2005, 07:38 PM

I didn't have that specific of a read on him.
Old 05-18-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't have that specific of a read on him.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then I bet and probably call a check/raise. I don't think an unknown is likely to check/min-raise a draw on the flop. More likely it's a made hand and you are beating all made hands on the flop.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:00 PM

I bet $125, both players call. King on the river, BB makes a strange comment in the chat box, something to the effect of "that figures" or something similar to indicate that he belives that card cost him the pot. SB pushes.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet $125, both players call. King on the river, BB makes a strange comment in the chat box, something to the effect of "that figures" or something similar to indicate that he belives that card cost him the pot. SB pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]
That sucks.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:54 PM

I misread original post. I thought BB was the large stack.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:19 PM

bump
Old 05-19-2005, 04:37 PM

i would bet the turn. the check-cold call from the BB would ordinarily look like a club draw, but it would be a strange play to do that with so little money behind.

i think you need to bet the turn to extract value from SB, which is likely some sort of made hand (which may have just become 2 pair).

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

by my count there is about 420 in the main and 80 in the side on the river, and the push is about 200 to you. i don't think that SB makes this bet into a relatively empty side pot without at least trip K's, probably KJ/KT. but i think that you're going to get shown a flopped set of X's or two pair -> FH than you're going to get shown trip K's, as long as this guy is smart enough to know how side pots work. i think it's a fold.