Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 05:16 PM

Default 3 All-Ins vs. One Player in 9 Hands (Low Content)

So last night in my 100NL on stars, I manged to get all-in against the same player three times in the span of nine hands. Every time I got the money in with a far suprior hand (AK vs A5 preflop, QQ vs 89s preflop and 99 (set) vs QQ on the flop). Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever gotten all-in vs the same player that many times in such a short period of time.

This was full ring, full stacks every time. Pots were 240, 200 and 250.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:33 PM

Default Re: 3 All-Ins vs. One Player in 9 Hands (Low Content)

Yes. It happens rarely, but when it does, it usually means that the player is out to get me.

Sometimes I provoke certain maniacal and tilty players into forming a sort of competition or feud where they just go nuts and try to outplay me very stupidly. Most of the time it ends up in my favor, but of course they can get lucky.

Like yesterday, I was being very agressive on NL200 6MAX and I suppose the villain was getting very frustrated because he had to fold hand after hand due to my raises. It got to be heads-up between him and I, the table had emptied. I'm sure at that point he was very irritated.

Anyway, I got AA, he raised to 8, I reraised immediately to 20. I didn't even hesistate or pause, the moment it was my turn, I had 20 bucks into the pot. He must have thought I was trying to bully again. He went all-in with 77, I called, and won a giant pot.

I love manipulating the play to the point that these kinds of players think I'm out to get them so they're always trying to bust me.