Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 12:13 PM

Default A 10k Stat Update (Or how NOT to crush micros)

Hey all. Just completed my first 10k hands. It's probally been more than 10k, but it's the first 10k i managed to get in Pokertracker so we'll just say it's 10k :P. Thanks to this fourm i've become a far better player and seeing my earlier play makes me cringe. After I finish the Empire bonus i'll have about $600 but i don't feel comfortable at 1/2, so i'll probally bonus whore some more and play some more hands at .5/1 until i feel ready to move up. Anyhow, here come the stats:
General:

More Detail:

Agression:

Positional:

Thanks for any and all comments. I know some of the things i need to work on, so don't be afraid to point out something if you see it :P
Old 05-18-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: A 10k Stat Update (Or how NOT to crush micros)

wow those AKs and AKo numbers look kinda low, u sure you arent misplaying overcards?

also, your AF seems low, id probably like 2 and above for the flop and turn.

but all in all, you look like youre doing just fine. 10k isnt that many hands and you wont really be able to see anything really significant for a little while longer. but at least you are a winning player [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].
Old 05-18-2005, 12:27 PM

Yup i'm definately a winning player :P. My BB would be a little bit higher if i didn't drop 40BB in 125 hands last night...that was fun.

My AF is low..especially my river AF, I am absolutely working on that right now.
AK is probally just variance right now, i have an annoying ability to run into sets with that hand :P
Old 05-18-2005, 01:12 PM

What are you cold calling with? I would review all your cold calls situations. Just looking at your stats I can see 10 of them and you shouldnt be too happy about those unless it was a read.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:17 PM

Yeah, in my earlier play i Coldcalled ALOT...i've since worked on that and i'm much better at folding stuff like KQ to a raise and etc. Reading SSH helped on that a ton. Good catch though.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:42 PM

Your stats look great dude.

I seriously think you might be kind of unlucky. With a little more luck you could easily have a winrate a few points higher with those numbers. Look through your premium hands and see how they are performing. Some of the ones I can see are not doing well. This is where you will make the bulk of your money so if they are running poorly for you it will explain a low winrate. Just make sure your doing what you can to protect your big hands and draws. Playback some of the hands you lost and see if you misplayed them

I might go to showdown more if I were you as you're probably folding some winners. I'd like to see that number 33-35.

I'd recommend C/Ring more flops to protect your hands. That number can be 1% easily.

You have good positional awareness but need to protect more from the BB. You are getting creamed there and don't seem to realize the value you are getting. Many times you are getting 12:1 or better to see flops from the BB in a raised pot. Take that into consideration before folding, especially suited connectors and pocket pairs. If the flop hits you hard with those hands AA and KK will pay you off brilliantly.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:48 PM

Thanks Droolie. I was inspired by your post which didn't have the huge agression numbers and said "Hey, that's me!" If i'm unlucky, so be it, this first 10k has been a learning experience and i've made some really bad plays, so i'm sure my winrate reflects those :P. I love this fourm and after i finish my empire bonus i'm going to take some days off and read through SSH and then review basically all 10k hands which should take a great deal of time, lol.

The BB is interesting. I'll definately take a look at that.
I know that not c/r is a leak. I'm definately looking for more situations to fix that. Which is why i'm reviewing my play.
To a better next 10k!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:52 PM

luck or unluck is probably the major factor here.

i'd suggest trying to play at full tables. you are clearly aware of positional play, but you are playing few hands from EP (in the sense that your are facing fewer opponents overall). let them give you your money...they can only do it if they are sitting at the table. you will make a lot of money overall by punishing people playing poor hands out of position.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've found the problem...

Their are far too many icons in your clock tray. Keep that number 3 or below for optimal poker performance.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've found the problem...

Their are far too many icons in your clock tray. Keep that number 3 or below for optimal poker performance.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG I have like 16!

How much is that worth in BB/100?