Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2005, 12:37 PM

Default some 200+15 hands

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (3 handed) converter

Button (t2570)
Hero (t6710)
BB (t720)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

----------------

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (3 handed) converter

BB (t710)
Hero (t2420)
SB (t6870)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].

----------------

And for some entertainment value:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (5 handed) converter

Button (t2265)
SB (t1760)
Hero (t2645)
UTG (t1050)
MP (t2280)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2645 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t1465 (All-In).

Flop: (t5010) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t5010) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: (t5010) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t5010
Old 05-17-2005, 01:19 PM

Default Re: some 200+15 hands

hand 1: push assuming button folds. fold assuming button pushes.

hand 2: push

hand 3: fold to button's raise
Old 05-17-2005, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 1: push assuming button folds. fold assuming button pushes.

hand 2: push

hand 3: fold to button's raise

[/ QUOTE ]

you have any thought process at all to go along with your "insights" or are you way to busy thinking about reasons to fold AA?

i'm not liking the format of the OP's op, but whatever.

hand 1: i'd probably push no matter what action happened before me. your hand runs good (or at least good enough) that you're likely getting a decent overlay on your money, especially considering that utg should basically have any two cards when he pushes. why pass up a +cEV spot? especially since you're basically not getting called if you overpush by the bb.

hand 2: yeah, your hand is too good, i don't see anything interesting here at all. you're in the money, it's not the bubble, if you're actually sitting around worrying about the difference between 3rd place money and 2nd place money and thinking that it means you should be considering folding the best hand with folding equity, you need to rethink this.

hand 3: i don't really see what was interesting/funny about this one either. hero tried to make a move, likely in a not very great spot to do it. a note: this is why gigabet talked about liking to make his move with Q4 or whatever before you have to commit your whole stack to do so. not only does it mean that if you're caught that first time, you don't lose your whole stack, it means that you have the information for later in the game when decisions do cost whole stacks. personally i'd need quite a bit of info on the opponent to make this move, as opposed to the none we were furnished with. i'm wondering if the humor is lost because the hero wins the hand or something?

citanul
Old 05-17-2005, 02:29 PM

I've given detailed responses to lots of posts in this forum. I didn't feel like it this time. I doubt that you've laid out a very thoughtful process for every single one of your posts.

I apologize for offending you with my AA post. I'll make an effort not to do so again.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I apologize for offending you with my AA post. I'll make an effort not to do so again.

[/ QUOTE ]

good.

citanul
Old 05-17-2005, 02:35 PM

On the third hand, I think a move like that is better when:

1. The raiser has a big stack - but you have him covered - as you do

2. You are out of the blinds and act after the raiser

3. The raiser has the big blind well covered

In that case I might interpret the move as weak.

In this case, he raised into the big stack - and it was no minraise. He's way too likely to call, IMO.

As for the first two hands, my in depth analysis is 'what citanul said.'
Old 05-17-2005, 02:36 PM

quick question though, did you have any thought process as to why you didn't like my AA post or were you too busy trying to be witty?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
quick question though, did you have any thought process as to why you didn't like my AA post or were you too busy trying to be witty?

[/ QUOTE ]

here, i'll go make a post in that thread.

citanul
Old 05-17-2005, 02:53 PM

citanul,

you really think button is pushing any two here? Also, SHOULD you push any two here. I've been worried lately that I've been pushing too much. If button pushes here, I'd fold this in an instant, I really don't want him to have a chip lead on me HU.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
citanul,

you really think button is pushing any two here? Also, SHOULD you push any two here. I've been worried lately that I've been pushing too much. If button pushes here, I'd fold this in an instant, I really don't want him to have a chip lead on me HU.

[/ QUOTE ]

hm, honestly, to tell the truth, and all that, when i originally read the post i thought that the button was the short stack, not the other way around. with the 2nd stack on the button, i'd fold if he pushed, i think. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] if he minraised, i'd probably push though, all depends and all that.

citanul