Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2005, 05:22 PM

Default 77 as overpair and oesd out of position in BB

5-10 6max at prima, the 2-4 tables were full of big stack regulars so i took a shot at 5-10 for the first time ever.
Relevant opponents utg+1 have seen him limp call AA pf oop with medium stackand losing that. Now has rebought and have around 650. Button has 1k and has done nothing out of line. utg+1 limps, co folds, button raise to 40, i call and utg+1 call. I have 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and 1k in BB

flop 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (125)

I lead for 100 both call ( bad line?)

turn:j [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (425)

I check, utg bets 175 button calls I call (bad line? thought i was given sufficient immediate pot odds even though my implied wasnt that good at all. check folding anything but 7,3 and 8. Maybe i should be wary of the spades also and just fold on turn. how about the flop bet? if i hit i think a can give them odds they canīt resist in this big pot and suck out a little more. what would be your line?