Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2005, 03:57 PM

Default Barona, SD

Just moved back to SD. Played Barona last night and they didn't have an 8/16 on saturday night (?) so I played the 4/8 kill. Man alive...juicy... Anyways, anybody play the 8/16 there? Just wondering if anybody has some words for me as it will most likely become my regular game...

-Durka
Old 05-08-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Barona, SD

San Diego or South Dakota?
If San Diego, forget Barona and hit Ocean's 11.
If South Dakota, then I'm sorry, so very, very sorry.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:22 PM

If you are looking for 8/16 go to viejas. The 8/16 there is far better than oceans.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:26 PM

Yeah, San Diego. I grew up in Sacramento.Just moved here from a 2.5 year stint in Meridian, MS. Life is very, very good...
Old 05-12-2005, 12:23 PM

Barona's 8/16 game usually is my regular game when I'm there and home from school. Barona intentionally only spreads one 8/16 table, so the game has it's up and downs. I usually sit at 4/8 for an hour or so and speak with the dealers, who usually let me know how good the game is. Also, there are a few TAGs other than myself who are regulars at the game, and there are times when we all sit together and the game becomes pretty tight. There are a few LAG-y regulars who like to drop a grand at the table if they're not getting lucky, so usually those guys sitting at the table make it good. I'm probably going to move to Viejas for 8/16 though, as there often isn't much turnover at the 8/16 table and I don't want to waste my summer playing 4/8 kill. I'll still be around Barona though, as my other friends (who play 3/6 and are pretty fishy) like it better because it generally seems cleaner than Viejas' room.

The dealers are good and friendly at Barona though, and I like the environment. It's too bad they only want to cater to the small-stakes live crowd, though.