Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Small noob milestone

A little less than a month ago, I decided to quit playing the nano-limits on Stars, and "move up" (if that term can be used with microlimits) to the $.50/1.00 games on Party.

In a little over three weeks, I tripled my deposit of $50.

Stats:

Hands: 3005
VP$IP: 19.00
W$WSF: 29.26%
BB/100H: 3.66
W$SD: 60.96%
PFR: .87%
Post-flop aggression factor: .85

Obviously, my W$SD could be a little better, and I'm playing way too passively.

I think I'm gonna like this game.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Small noob milestone

"I think I'm gonna like this game."

Yeh I've enjoyed myself so far. Playing .5/1 too but will probally move to 2/4 after I've done another couple of bonuses (earning $30 an hr learning to play O8 isn't too bad). Always feel pumped when I scoop or 3/4 a big pot.

Played about the same number of hands, been playing on and off for 10 days. 1k hands just getting used to the game, and spent then next 2.3k actually improving.

VPIP: 17%. I've loosened up a little, probally 18-20% now.

W$SF: 28%. No idea how you guys get in the 30s.

BB/100: 5.6bb. Running hot, but I'm not complaining [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

W$SD: 68%. Maybe the fact that this is high and W$SF is low is that I'm laying down hands that I don't need to. See Lo%.

PFR: 4.1%

FlopAgg: 0.76. Way too passive.

TurnAgg: 0.78. Same prob as flop, need to pump it up.

RiverAgg: 1.2. Better than the other 2. My aggression numbers have been climbing and I feel like I'm aggressive now. Today would've hurt them though. 600 hand session where I got plenty of good cards, but the boards were terrible. Dropped 50bb only to win it back at the end of the session with a few big wins.

Hi%: 5.64% Hi
Lo%: 2.69% Should the low be higher? Could this mean that I'm too tight with the Lo hands, ie not showing down non nut lows?
Scoop%: 4.12%.

Also some other stats:
Winning Session%: 59%
This was 67% before my bad run today (although I won a few big pots late to even it up). What is a reasonable session win%??

MT ratio: 3.66. 4tabling.

ASF (table average seeing flop): 52%. I don't worry about table selection (.5/1) at the moment.

Avg#Players: 8.8

Avg rake (4k hands, tried out some datamining for the first time): $0.43.

Avg hand/hr: 170. My sessions haven't been that long. This would've brought down this figure. Proper table selection would bring this figure down more. Also, if you only close a table when you have started one to replace it, you'll manage more hands/hr.

Rake%: 75%

So I paid $6.10 per hour in rake, so rakeback is worth 1.83BB/hr.

I'm going to datamine the higher levels for a bit so I can figure out what rakeback is worth up there.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Huh.

Didn't see those other stats...

Hi%: 6.39
Lo%: 3.33
Scoop%: 4.23

I didn't realize that I was making so much of my money off highs. Given my (somewhat typical) bias to wheel cards (A2xx, etc), I would have thought that more would be coming from lows.

Winning sess: 58.72%

I dunno.

My SD and win rate (13.9617, 3.66) suggest that I need about 200BBs to be properly bankrolled (well, 185, but I'm playing it safe), so I figure I'll keep grinding at $.5/1.00 until I've got about $400 before moving up to $1/2.

And, oh yeah, I don't multitable that much. My MT ratio is 1.46. I'll usually have two open, unless I'm running poorly (in which case I should pay more attention to one game), or unless I'm having a hard time finding two decent tables.

Basically, I'm not there to make money. I'm just there to slowly and surely improve my game for when I go to the B&M.
Old 05-09-2005, 12:25 PM

"Basically, I'm not there to make money. I'm just there to slowly and surely improve my game for when I go to the B&M."

I'm looking to be 4tabling 5/10 6max or 6tabling 10/20 or something. The sooner the better too.

"My SD and win rate (13.9617, 3.66)"

My SD is nearly 18 at the moment, but course this is a small sample. Wouldn't mind hearing what the normal SD figure is.