Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 07:36 AM

Default Nut flush on unpaired board

This hand came up just some minutes ago at one of primas 100NL tables.

I have just sat down and I dont have any read on villian except that he is a regular, I start the hand with 100 and he covers me.

A7o in SB and I am the only caller villian knocks. Flop comes 1067 all hearts (I have the ace of hearts). I check he bets 1 I call.
Turn is blank and I bet pot (arround 4) he calls.
River comes 9 of hearts and I lead out for 12 he goes all in and covers me. Hero does what now??

Ok you say easy call, what possible holdings can a guy move in with here, I have shown intrest on a 3 flushed board now 4 flushed.

Chickentightass play or does this fold have some sup bro?
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Nut flush on unpaired board

#1, I would raise or fold this pre-flop, I generally lean towards raise.

#2, I would lead this flop, it's ragged, you have the nut flush draw, a pair and likely the best hand.

#3, you don't have the nut flush, you have the 3rd nut flush since the nut flush would be the J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and 2nd would be any 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

I probably fold this river since the pot is small and I have difficulty seeing the villain playing the K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] like this.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:42 AM

POTD.

Seems he either slowplayed a flopped baby flush (highly doubt it) and regrets it or has the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] fastplayed
Old 05-09-2005, 07:43 AM

ROFL at "any 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]"

I know you mean any hand with the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] but it's still damn funny. If i was new to poker i'd ask how many decks are used.

Yes he has the nut flush in a sense since the others would be straight flushes.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:45 AM

WTF? you tell me limping with 34s is horrid at PP NL 25 yet raising with A7o in the SB at 100NL, first in pot or not is +EV???? this isn't a tournament

i'm sure you'll explain why so i'll be patient
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 AM

I just mean that if it's folded to you in the SB and you have A7o, you very likely have the best hand and should either just try to take the blinds pre-flop, or fold and move onto the next hand. Open-limping in the small blind is probably the dumbest thing you can possibly do.

Open-limping 34s in MP OOP against aggressive opponents is bad because it's a drawing hand and unless you flop a made hand, you'll likely be charged heavily to draw.

You know what I meant by "any 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]," don't be a dick.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
#1, I would raise or fold this pre-flop, I generally lean towards raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

True in most cases, but I have just sat down and I want to get a feel for the table.

[ QUOTE ]
#2, I would lead this flop, it's ragged, you have the nut flush draw, a pair and likely the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good.

[ QUOTE ]
#3, you don't have the nut flush, you have the 3rd nut flush since the nut flush would be the J 8 , and 2nd would be any 8 .

[/ QUOTE ]

I do have the nut FLUSH.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#3, you don't have the nut flush, you have the 3rd nut flush since the nut flush would be the J 8 , and 2nd would be any 8 .

[/ QUOTE ] I do have the nut FLUSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fine, you wanna talk semantics, whatever. My point is that the board is 4 cards to a straight flush and I don't think that villain is gonna get this aggressive with a hand that you beat. The pot is small, it's a huge overbet, just let it go.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:58 AM

on raising b/c it's the best hand i say again, it's not a tournament does this still apply?

I was just messing around on the 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

and with all due respect, to quote

[ QUOTE ]
The guy had just shown down a few huge bluffs in preflop raised pots where everyone checked to him on a QQ8 flop, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

When everyone checked to him, he'd poke at it and show a bluff with cards he shouldn't even be there with and thus was obviously the worst hand of those in.

He was not popping pot-sized bets out on flops. I said i intentionally pick passive tables so that i can play such hands. In 300 hands i can't even remember a time i was raised except when i had a full house and gladly called. In that light and THAT LIGHT ONLY, i limped with 34s.

Please expunge me of my sin if at all possible.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fine, you wanna talk semantics, whatever. My point is that the board is 4 cards to a straight flush and I don't think that villain is gonna get this aggressive with a hand that you beat. The pot is small, it's a huge overbet, just let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
=D I let it go alright, after I wrote "you gotta be kidding with me" in the chat.