Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 02:29 AM

Default Does Daniel N think Phil H. is a great or elite player?

I always hear Daniel N. making comments on Phil H. not playing good. I can't think of any particular examples at the moment but i'm sure many fo you have heard alot of them. Well one i can think of was Daniel saying he would have rather played Phil. h. rather than Anotonio E. in they're headup matches for the headup championship. His reason being that Antonio E. thinks outside the box more than Phil H. But daniel has said much worse things. just can't think of them right now.

So how can this be? He would rather play Phil H. rather than Antonio E. When in the past i have been blasted for saying Phil H. is not a great poker player. And peoples reasons are his bracelets. Well daniel is aware of Phil's bracelets but gives the impression that Phil H. is not one of the elite or great players.

How do others feel about this? It seems Daniel N. has some of the same concerns that i do of Phil H's abiltiy. and whether he is great and elite. I got flamed for my comments. Lets see if Daniel gets flamed?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Does Daniel N think Phil H. is a great or elite player?

[ QUOTE ]
I always hear Daniel N. making comments on Phil H. not playing good. I can't think of any particular examples at the moment but i'm sure many fo you have heard alot of them. Well one i can think of was Daniel saying he would have rather played Phil. h. rather than Anotonio E. in they're headup matches for the headup championship. His reason being that Antonio E. thinks outside the box more than Phil H. But daniel has said much worse things. just can't think of them right now.

So how can this be? He would rather play Phil H. rather than Antonio E. When in the past i have been blasted for saying Phil H. is not a great poker player. And peoples reasons are his bracelets. Well daniel is aware of Phil's bracelets but gives the impression that Phil H. is not one of the elite or great players.

How do others feel about this? It seems Daniel N. has some of the same concerns that i do of Phil H's abiltiy. and whether he is great and elite. I got flamed for my comments. Lets see if Daniel gets flamed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if Daniel thought Phil was a good player, it could be that in a heads up match he feels like hes able to get a better read on Phil "master of the big laydown" than agasint an ultra-aggressive player like Antonio.
Old 05-07-2005, 11:59 AM

also we're talking headsup play here alone.

for anyone not to respect helmuth as one of the best ever is kind of sad....

he's kind of fallen off in past years but he's still definitely got it.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And peoples reasons are his bracelets.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, what a silly bunch of nine reasons those are.

[ QUOTE ]
It seems Daniel N. has some of the same concerns that i do of Phil H's abiltiy. and whether he is great and elite. I got flamed for my comments. Lets see if Daniel gets flamed?

[/ QUOTE ]

and now you're comparing yourself and your opinions to that of Daniel's? sometimes you really go over the top smooth. dan has said that when Phil is on his game, he's one of the best nl tournament players ever. he's just said that recently he's been playing like a donkey.

you discrediting NINE bracelets, and saying that a guy isn't a world class player is what gets you flamed.

with all due respect, you should go into talk radio or something, because you are flat out a lightning rod for controversey and stirring #$%* up.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:13 PM

Excellent, excellent observation. I also get the impression from reading Danny's bloggins that he doesn't respect Phil H's poker ability. Sometimes the contempt practically oozes from da DN's writins.

In closing, I would like to commend you on your work here at the WPT forum. Your posts are consistently spot on and well-thought out. You remind me of a sore peter in a lot of ways, as the body of work you have contributed to 2+2 would be tough to beat without one incurring considerable pain.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You remind me of a sore peter in a lot of ways

[/ QUOTE ]

If I'm not mistake you have made exactly six posts on this 2 + 2 forums? Of those how many would you say contributed to Poker discussion. As before I echo: Your handle fits your conclusions!

vince
Old 05-07-2005, 04:10 PM

My point if is other people who are considered "top players" are now saying Phil H plays like a donkey maybe my opinions are not wrong. I'm sorry to offend you thinking i would dare compare my opinion with the great daniel negreanu.
Old 05-07-2005, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your posts are consistently spot on and well-thought out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally someone recognizes my excellent contributions. Thank you! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2005, 05:02 PM

but the point is, you DIDN'T say that phil has been playing like a donkey lately. you said that he (and I quote) "isn't a great player".

and that, is precisely why you get flamed. especially considering his recent win in NHUC, i think it's safe to say that his possible run of poor play last year is turning around as well.

i can't believe you really think that he's not a great player...that's just insane.
Old 05-07-2005, 05:23 PM

Everytime I think Smoothcall's posts can't be any more Smoothcall, another one comes along.