Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 02:05 PM

Default 5/10 NL Turn bet size

Here has around $2500 preflop.

Villian has around $1700.

Relatively LP game. Villian hasn't played a hand in about half an hour.

4 limpers. I call on the button with 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villian raises to $75 in the big blind. Everyone fold, I call. Maybe abit questionable however, I know this guy has trouble laying down a big hand and I think I might bust him with the right flop. Based on his past play. I am pretty sure he is not making a move on the table and his range of hands is probably AA-TT, AK, AQ.

Flop comes: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Villian bets $100. I call.

Turn: 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villian Bets $225. What if your move? (e.g how much do you raise?) Villian likely has around 1300 left.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Turn bet size

Make it 600 to go. Despite the both of you having a healthy stack, this is a debatable call preflop as there are no other callers, he raised a considerable amount (compared to 40 or 50 for normal 5/10 raises, I think), you need to hit a great board, and you might have a hard time getting paid off. If you raise and he folds you may have one the pot, but in a theoretical sense you probably lost money.
Old 05-07-2005, 03:15 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL Turn bet size

against a good player i would never make this move. This player was a typical, I've read books know how to play tight player, who can't release TPTK or an overpair.