Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 06:04 PM

Default And now, sir, I would like to flip a coin with you for $5700

10/20 NL. Hero has $2800, villain has him covered. Villain is drunk, and has been making tons and tons of immense preflop raises (1/3 of unraised pots?) with random hands. Mostly connectors, some suited, some offsuit.

Hero limps UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Several other limpers. Villain makes it $500 to go from the SB.

Now, his "usual" raise is 150-300, so this is a little on the high end. Still, it's extremely unlikely that he's gonna play AA or KK this way, since he's going to want action with those hands. Based on hero's read, folding is not an option.

Call or push?

(My thought is that this would've been an easy push if I'd had less than $2000, and an easy call if we'd both had more than $4000. As it was I wasn't really happy with either option.)
Old 05-04-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: And now, sir, I would like to flip a coin with you for $5700

Will he call w/ all hands if you push? I'd want to push and have him call everytime cause on average you'll be around ~60% favorite I think if he has connectors. If he'll fold, that's fine as well for obvious reasons. It'll suck if he actually has AA or KK though.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:24 PM

I say push. If you just call and you flop nothing and he pushes what are you gonna do?

Has anyone pushed all in after one of his raises yet? Did he call?

I think you are worst a coin flip, at best you have him dominated and he may well fold. I would push.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:06 PM

is he playing like this postflop to? If so, I'm more in favor of a push, if he plays normal postflop, I'm more in favor of a call. Eitherway, it's unlikely are getting away from this hand if you do flop an A/K....
Old 05-04-2005, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is he playing like this postflop to? If so, I'm more in favor of a push, if he plays normal postflop, I'm more in favor of a call. Eitherway, it's unlikely are getting away from this hand if you do flop an A/K....

[/ QUOTE ]

He slows down and tends to turn into a calling station postflop.

To answer the other question: no one's pushed preflop against him yet. He has called fairly large reraises though ( his 100 got popped to like 350, and he called with 76).
Old 05-04-2005, 07:17 PM

so at best you are a 70/30 favorite, and at worst you are 50/50, but if you see a flop and hit an A/K you can be pretty confident you are a substantially larger favorite...right? I mean assuming he doesn't flop some gross draw/set. It might even be cheap if you check it down with him because it's not like you know where you are anyway once you just call. This is tough. Is money not an issue to you?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:12 PM

if you call here and flop an ace or king you have to play for your stack.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:21 PM

ALLIN BABY!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:55 PM

I know you said that folding is not an option, but I have played with people who do this. They make rediculous pre-raises with any two cards, but make bigger ones with big hands. I would strongly consider folding because I do not like to gamble for this much before the flop, but if you think you have to play the hand you should push.
Old 05-04-2005, 09:34 PM

If he's been calling big reraises that are triple his bets AND and he's drunk AND he's raising 1/3 of the time, then it seems like an easy push to me -- and be prepared to recharge.