Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 12:33 PM

Default Yankees

The Yankees are having exactly the season they deserve so far [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] They have also been a very profitable fade and have contributed greatly to making this one of my best Aprils ever. But they remain heavy favorites? Each game and for season end activities. Luckily I jumped on Baltimore this weekend for AL pennant at 25-1. It has since moved, but the end of April and beginning of May I always check the futures markets for unexpectedly well performing long shot bargains. I think this is a good one too. They can hit with NY and BOS and their pitching isn't really any worse. I also just threw a little TOR into the mix at 50-1 and I had already had some tasty White Sox from preseason. Who knows? Baseball is the one sport where first to worst and worst to first is no big surprise. But MIN, NY, BOS and LAA are all still the chalks according to the books.

But back to my point. The Yankees. They are heavy favs again. On the road against a veteran with a guy that never pitched above AA and they are heavy favs. That clubhouse has to be pure acid. Imagine some kid donning the pinstripes for the first time in this environment. He has outstanding minor league numbers but those pinstripes can really mess with your head. Especially with the funk the team is currently in. The pressure is huge on the veterans and for a rookie must be unbearable.

The Yankees will go on some kind of run sometime this season. But I'm not betting on it starting tonight! This is an inflated line just because it's the Yankees. But these guys aren't the Yankees (not yet anyway?) and don't deserve a Yankee price.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Yankees

[ QUOTE ]
This is an inflated line just because it's the Yankees. But these guys aren't the Yankees

[/ QUOTE ]

What?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is an inflated line just because it's the Yankees. But these guys aren't the Yankees

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ok. We wouldn't expect you to understand that with a name like Jeter is God.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:09 PM

did you happen to catch how the line on this one jumped right before first pitch -- went from +168 for Tampa to + 185 ... at +185 how could you not hop on it?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:20 PM

At Bodog it closed at +160. I bet it around 2pm Pacific.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:22 PM

ugh....... i took tampa +155.

not a great line. but still CASH IN THE BANK!