Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Ev- in the long run ?

Ive played alot vs this guy he is one of the regulars.

He Knows im agressive and i will most of the time ill come betting hard on the flop no matters what i have so he is relunctanct to let go any decent holding at least at my flop bet , so i betted again in the turn a call not good .
River Spade its not bad. i also have to add this guy is very passive, a nut peddler, and some hands ago ive played a nuts the exact same way so vs me and he payed out not giving me credit so this time i think he will lay down, and given the board texture he could be likely drawing or a decent not so great hand. Due his passivity its hard to extract information from this guy

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) converter

MP2 ($46.75)
CO ($28.90)
Button ($20)
SB ($40.45)
BB ($53.85)
UTG ($81.70)
Hero ($52.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.75) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls $4.

Turn: ($12.75) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10.

River: ($32.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $36.95 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $69.70

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Qd Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins $69.70. </font>
Old 05-05-2005, 08:17 AM

Default Re: Ev- in the long run ?

I would advise making plays like this very rarely. I make tricky bluffs too often, and when they work I feel like a champion. Most of the time though, I piss away money and feel like an idiot. But, if a ballsy bluff like this works, show it, and then shift gears and value bet aggressively.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Ev- in the long run ?

[ QUOTE ]
I would advise making plays like this very rarely. I make tricky bluffs too often, and when they work I feel like a champion. Most of the time though, I piss away money and feel like an idiot. But, if a ballsy bluff like this works, show it, and then shift gears and value bet aggressively.

[/ QUOTE ]

i rarely do such risky plays but in this case , i had a good read and a good perception of the villian. Other way i would have done it. Anyway glad it worked well