Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 01:10 AM

Default my first 100% DONK-E-PUNCH (very low content)

This guy was out of control...

he was 50 for 50 in VPIP then cut down to 95% out of 173
I had him isolated for most of the night and he played anything but was getting good cards recently and showing them down.

CO was ok but not great played in the 25-35 range of cards.

I would have raised this hand UTG but started to mix up my play a bit since i was isolating him all night and table started to take notice so I started limping in with big broadways and other connected paint.

THIS HAND was just confusing...he check raised everytime i had it heads up with him and this hand was no different...can someone explain where this donk could have read that you should CR every street?

was it all incorrect at the river? I just didnt want to pay off another raise to a suckout...but i should sucked it up and bet and just paid off the raise or collect from the fold...lost some bets but the CR flop/Turn was just weird. My thought is that I gave CO to much credit and slowed down my aggression on DONK in favor of respecting CO's lack of playing range.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG :#A500AF(donk-e-punch)/ calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, donk-e-punch checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">donk-e-punch 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
donk-e-punch checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">donk-e-punch raises</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
donk-e-punch checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
donk-e-punch has 6d 6s (one pair, sixes).
Hero has Ad Kd (one pair, kings).
CO has Ts Kc (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 13.50 BB. </font>
Old 05-04-2005, 01:16 AM

Default Re: my first 100% DONK-E-PUNCH (very low content)

Preflop sucks. Raise.

I'd cap the flop and lead the turn, calling down if raised beyond that.

Rob
Old 05-04-2005, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have raised this hand UTG but started to mix up my play a bit since i was isolating him all night and table started to take notice so I started limping in with big broadways and other connected paint.

[/ QUOTE ]

AKs is not one of the hands you should mix it up with. If the table has noticed you isolating the guy, then they will be more inclined to come along, and THAT'S WHAT YOU WANT WITH THIS HAND.

Then you absolutely have to cap the flop. I'll stop here.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:04 AM

If people aren't respecting your raises, this is the perfect time to raise it up! You want more dead money in the pot...the more the better.
Cap flop, lead the turn, the donk is getting fancy...