Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 03:45 PM

Default BR management and multitabling (X-post from internet)

So I signed up for Royal Vegas and they gave me $10 just for signing up.. no deposit necessary. So I figure instead of depositing my own $$$, i will just play the smallest limit games they have and try to build a BR from nothing

So far so good... am up to $16.67 after the 1st day playing $.05/$.10 HE

My question is should I 2 table even with a BR this low?? or should i just grind out my BR 1 table at a time untill I have my full 300 BB ($30) bankroll usually needed to play a level comfortably?

I am certain i can multitable w/o it affecting my game much but not sure if my small BR can withstand the bigger swings that come with multitabling?

any advice is greatly appreciated,

Pocket Trips
Old 05-03-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: BR management and multitabling (X-post from internet)

I thought I was cheap...

Go ahead and multi-table, it's not your money anyway so who cares? You have 160BB, that's plenty at this limit. I started at party .5/1 with a $50 deposit and had no trouble building a BR.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought I was cheap...

Go ahead and multi-table, it's not your money anyway so who cares? You have 160BB, that's plenty at this limit. I started at party .5/1 with a $50 deposit and had no trouble building a BR.

[/ QUOTE ]

not necessarily cheap.. just don't mind playing for small stakes since I have been away from internet poker for awhile and figure this will be a good way to get back into the swing of things and hopefully build a BR while doing so.. even though I won't mind having to deposit if I lose this, why not try to build a BR from nothing?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:36 PM

As long as you have at least 20BB per table you can multi-table. If you ever drop below 12BB at a table either buy more chips or drop the table. You don't want to get your first Royal when you have 6BB in you stack and someone else has a lower str8 flush.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:41 PM

I played these games when just starting out.

.10/.20 plays very similiarly to Party 1/2, so get out asap once you move up.

These games are all very very very soft, however. Huge winrates are possible.

Also, play the "beginner's tables". They're 6-max and even softer.

.25/.50 is fairly easy (actually a lot like 2/4).

After that I had 300 and went to Party.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I signed up for Royal Vegas and they gave me $10 just for signing up.. no deposit necessary. So I figure instead of depositing my own $$$, i will just play the smallest limit games they have and try to build a BR from nothing

So far so good... am up to $16.67 after the 1st day playing $.05/$.10 HE

My question is should I 2 table even with a BR this low?? or should i just grind out my BR 1 table at a time untill I have my full 300 BB ($30) bankroll usually needed to play a level comfortably?

I am certain i can multitable w/o it affecting my game much but not sure if my small BR can withstand the bigger swings that come with multitabling?

any advice is greatly appreciated,

Pocket Trips

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually doing the same thing at Crazy Poker with a free $10. I don't see any reason not to multi-table. It's not like your risk of ruin will increase a whole lot because your playing more than one table. If you have a bad run over a couple hundred hands it won't matter much if it happened at one table in 2 hours or 2 tables in 1 hour will it?

I would play as many tables as you are comfortable with and have the ability to buy in for 40BB. I will get up from any one table if I am down 20BB but fortunately that hasn't happened as of yet (knock on wood).

You should also pay more attention to table selection. If you are sitting at a table and don't feel like there are enough fishy persons at the table that you will take money from, get up and find a better table. With such a small BR I think table selection becomes even more important. Of course at .05/.10 you won't find many difficult opponents, but you should find the loosest tables possible.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:00 PM

If you're going to try building a bankroll from $10, you're going to want to multitable if you want to get to .5/1 buy 2006. You have plenty of BR at your current limit.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:22 PM

Nothing wrong with starting at nano-limits, I built up from $20 at Pacific single-tabling .05/.10 (Pacific doesn't support multi-tabling) starting last August. I switched to 2-3 tables at paradise and then 3-4 at party but 4 was more than I could handle at the time and I started losing. I went back to 1 and now I comfortably play 3.

In some ways it's actually easier to 2-table as you aren't constantly folding so you'll fold more of the marginal hands. Just make sure you can keep up with what types of players are in your games, if people leave your table or if it starts getting too tight - otherwise you are playing too many tables!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not necessarily cheap.. just don't mind playing for small stakes since I have been away from internet poker for awhile and figure this will be a good way to get back into the swing of things and hopefully build a BR while doing so.. why not try to build a BR from nothing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't care about rakeback on Party, you might also look into instantbankroll, which has been mentioned in the updated bankroll FAQ. A few micro folks have gone that route, and if you're already a winning player, it's enough of a roll that you stand a decent chance of parlaying that into a proper 300BB at 0.5/1 before going bust.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:18 PM

thanks 4 all the helpfull replies... have signed up for instant bankroll... so hopefully I will be playing thew "bigleagues" (compared to .05/.10 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) of .50/1 PP by the end of the week