Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2005, 01:55 PM

Default AKo in predicament

PRIMA 2-4 6max.. I have 310 and AcKh.. Villain has about 900, he is very LAG making 6-8bb PF raises first in and has accumulated quite a stack. He is in front of me and i sit in the CO, He raises to 32 first in i call in pos (wrong?) flop kj3 all spades pot 68$ He checks i Bet to 40, he minraises...Tadda I push [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] .. .. think i got a little scared playing with a loosy goose.. i should have just looked for a non spade turn
and played from there if i thought i hade the best hand at the moment right? did I maybe answer my post, oh well flame away anyway..
Old 05-02-2005, 02:22 PM

Default Re: AKo in predicament

I'd expect a laggy opponent to lead that flop if he was the preflop raiser. The fact that he check min-raised doesn't feel right. He could have the ace of spades, a weird two pair, or an outright bluff at this point.

Use your position and call his raise to see what he does on the turn. Then depending on the card that falls and his action you can determine your optimal strategy.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: AKo in predicament

[ QUOTE ]
PRIMA 2-4 6max.. I have 310 and AcKh.. Villain has about 900, he is very LAG making 6-8bb PF raises first in and has accumulated quite a stack. He is in front of me and i sit in the CO, He raises to 32 first in i call in pos (wrong?) flop kj3 all spades pot 68$ He checks i Bet to 40, he minraises...Tadda I push [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] .. .. think i got a little scared playing with a loosy goose.. i should have just looked for a non spade turn
and played from there if i thought i hade the best hand at the moment right? did I maybe answer my post, oh well flame away anyway..

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have much of a stack here, compared to the size of the raise. The push isn't too bad; I like it if you have $200.

With another hunny behind, you probably should wait and see if a non-spade comes before pushing.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:36 PM

Default RESULT

thanks for the replies, he had Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and it was a 48 / 52 race.. and he spiked a spade on the river