Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2002, 03:54 AM

Default $1/$2 L hand

I feel that this hand by itself is rather insignificant compared to the usual hands that are posted on this board. But it seems that these types of hands occur so frequently, that, if played poorly, will cost quite a bit of money. So...

9 players at the table, the first 4 to act fold and I am holding QJo. I call for $1, the button also calls, SB folds, and BB checks. (3 to see flop of 8d Qc 4d). BB checks, I bet. Button calls and BB folds. Turn is As. I bet and BB calls. River is 6s, I check, BB bets and I call. Total Pot: $13, he showed Ad 7d, and took it down.

Although I lost, I don't necessarily think I misplayed it. Any comments/suggestions are appreciated.
Old 11-19-2002, 04:05 AM

Default Re: $1/$2 L hand

You are two positions to the right of the button and everybody has folded to you. You should be open-raising with QJo and be satisfied if everybody, indcluding the blinds, fold.

When the button has showed no strength whatsoever in the hand, you should value bet the river. He will call with many worse hands.

I'd say you misplayed two streets- pre-flop and the river.

Old 11-19-2002, 04:21 PM

Default Re: $1/$2 L hand

Hi Pat,

I would open raise when 4 players have already folded. It gives you more control over the hand. You might win the blinds. It makes the hands that call your bet a little more predictable. It might fold A7 suited on the button preflop. It makes your flop bet have a little more authority also.

After the flop, I think you played the hand fine.

Good Luck,
Play Well,

Bob T.