Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 10:04 PM

Default I\'m checkraised 3 times with QQ

opponent is 54/6 after 35 hands, although i dont think it matters...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

any merit for checking this river, or folding to the raise? i'll go ahead and tell you he had a set of 5s. I think i'd do it the same again, unless someone can give me a reason not to.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:39 PM

Default Re: I\'m checkraised 3 times with QQ

dont give results in your post

i would have called the turn checkraise, and would have been really suspect of the third check

if i bet, i would have folded to his raise

however, this is all probably bias because i knew what the opponent had

so next time, don't post results
Old 05-01-2005, 10:44 PM

First, don't post results.

Second, his cap flop/check turn looks like a donk playing a flush draw... until you realize he's out of position, and would have to be a superduper donk to do that. I'd probably bet the turn out of confusion, but its call down/check behind time after that. IOW, easy check behind on the river, and better players could probably check behind on the turn.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:37 PM

Here's a reason to not bet the river ... you got checkraised on the turn after a capped flop.

Either he's a nut, or he's playing you like a fiddle.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:46 AM

i meant to say that he is 56/26, not 56/6.... and he seemed to me like one of those guys who might throw a raise out at a whim. Sorry for posting the results. I know you're not supposed to but for some reason i wanted you to know i lost the hand, if you couldnt already tell. I thought possibly 7h8h, or AJ, and since i had been making some folds, he slowed down when i didnt fold on the turn. I should have checked the river, but checking the turn? i dont think this is right. I think if i made a mistake on the turn it was not 3 betting, but since he's laggish calling is probably best. I'm trying to bet more rivers, so i think thats why i was so quick to do this. i should have realized that hes not likely going to call unless he beats me, and that while he could play AJ like this its not likely. he checked on the river and i said to myself, "i got this" and fired. I'll do better next time, although i don't know how often someone will try to check-raise me 3 times in one hand.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:44 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I play it the same and get owned
Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I play it the same and get owned

[/ QUOTE ]

But i'd also be frustrated - because his line only works against someone as "good" at value-betting as me, and I have to have an overpair, JJ or better. [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

I like his trifecta, but it'll whiff at least one street against an avg opp and their given hand range.

Surf
Old 05-02-2005, 04:12 AM

i'd congratulate my opponent on accomplishing the trifecta
Old 05-02-2005, 06:37 AM

Yep, flopplay can be out of line so betting turn is fine. But when he raises again and then check river he wants u 2 bet. Check river, he will beat 1 pair almost every time he calls/raises your riverbet.
Old 05-02-2005, 03:55 PM

Didn't read the results.

I'd check the river here. Looks to me like Villain has JJ, but I'd check/call it to check him out.

Read the results and thread. With 26PFR, I would have still check/called the river, but would have anticipated a possible 55 or 44.

What was his postflop aggression like? That would be useful to know here and could affect the way I'd play this.

PS: I'd have check/called the turn against a better player, but with this guy, maybe a bet on the turn was good.