Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 12:13 AM

Default Best Sites for 8/B Multi Tourneys

I was wondering what sites out there have the best 8/B tourneys. What are the structures on most? Are they easy to beat, etc? Thanks for any info.

Scags
Old 05-01-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Best Sites for 8/B Multi Tourneys

The only site I have played a Stud 8 multi-table tourney is on Pokerstars. They have $1/$0 MTT up to $100/$9 I believe. $20/$2 are almost daily. In August they have the WCOOP which has a Stud 8 event that will have a buy-in in the $500 range. They also have 1 and 2 table Stud 8 SNG tourneys.

Here is a link to their scheduled MTT tournaments.

http://www.pokerstars.com/board.html

Here is a link to the Stud 8 MTT payouts and structure.

http://www.pokerstars.com/tourney-stud.html

They are not easy to beat as there are quite a few good players in them. You will also see some bad play but Pokerstars in general has better players than most sites. Great software though.

Good Luck
Old 05-01-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Best Sites for 8/B Multi Tourneys

Yes. PokerStars is your stud hilo home for tournaments and cash games. Coming from a tournament player though I can tell you that the amount of luck involved in stud8 tournaments would be a lot higher than a flop game. Due to the nature of the game with increasing limits and such you have to have a lot of gamble and be catching the cards to do well. The tournaments are certainly profitable over the long run as their are some terrible players at all levels but if you arent running good(me right now) you shouldnt even bother(yet I still try). The 200+15 that they have on sat nights has a starting chips count of 2500 instead of 1500. Other than that there is a 100+9 sunday nights. A 50+5 on tuesday nights, and 20+2s all the times. There are a lot of regulars that play every tournament and you will usually see their names at the top at the end of play so you would quickly figure out who knows how to play the game. The people who seem to do good in the tournaments have a lot of gamble and are willing to up the chips in with marginal hands when the levels get up there. Also...there is a 36+3 qualifer to the 200+15 sat afternoon before the big one starts.