Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2005, 11:41 PM

Default can i fold a straight to one bet?

My flopped straights never seem to hold up, so maybe I'm seeing monsters here. MP1 is a super-fish, 75/0/.5 and one of the first couple hands with button.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.25 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero ???

Can I ever excuse a fold here, smelling a flush from either MP1 or the button who's been calling along for some reason? Or are they just as likely to be on a straight draw?

I don't suppose I can possibly protect my hand anymore against a 4-flush, would I raise for value here or just call along and hope it's not getting raised behind me? With all the action so far I figure it's costing me at least 4 BB to show this down.

All options felt shitty to me here, I really didn't want to see that diamond fall on the turn.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:44 PM

Default Re: can i fold a straight to one bet?

I'm raising.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:46 PM

On the flop, with all that action, you're beat and probably have to fold.

Er, I mean, you have the damn nuts on the flop, why are you calling??? You should not be thinking of calling at any point in this hand.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:47 PM

Super-fish seldom raise their flush draws. I suspect 87, Q8, or another KQ before a flush for MP1. Hell, at 0% PFR, it could be JJ-99. The button calling here is not worrisome. People at party 0.50/1 love to hit the call button. I raise the turn, and call down if 3bet, hoping to see Q8.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:49 PM

Derrr, I missed the call/cap on the flop. There are two people in this hand already who like what they're holding. There aren't very many people who'll call two cold but not three, so 3bet the flop. Calling risks missing out on far too much value.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Derrr, I missed the call/cap on the flop. There are two people in this hand already who like what they're holding. There aren't very many people who'll call two cold but not three, so 3bet the flop. Calling risks missing out on far too much value.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops, I didn't even notice that he capped after he called, I just sort of skimmed over that part [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Calling the flop is still wrong. Two people really want to go to war and you have the best hand. Raise.
Old 05-01-2005, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i honestly can't remember what i was thinking there, but I suspect it was along those lines, not wanting people to look at 3 bets. I wonder if it would have changed the flavour of the hand much (I do agree it was a bad idea).
Old 05-02-2005, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The button calling here is not worrisome. People at party 0.50/1 love to hit the call button.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a fact. I've recently dropped down to .5/1 as part of an 8 tabling experiment. the button showed down A9o (no diamonds).