Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 12:57 AM

Default Operation: Ignore Results

I, like many of us, seem to have a problem with focusing too much on results as I play. While I refuse to look at my tally during a session, I often find myself looking through my PT stats after a poor 200 hand session. Most of the time I'm just trying to convince myself that I was unlucky, but the end result is that I oftem end up brooding about my play when I run poorly over a short period of time.

This needs to change. Thus, I'm going to attempt to go through the entire month of May without looking at my results. This includes avoiding the cashier screen on every site along with not looking at any of the PokerTracker data windows.

I have enough money in Neteller to make sure I can claim the inevitable reload bonuses. I also have enough money in my regular accounts to pretty much ensure I won't go broke during this period. I will also be using PokerTracker to import hands and supply Playerview with data. I don't intend to cash out from any site until the end of the month (as that would require me to know my balance).

I'm posting this here to possibly get some feedback on the idea and to also invite anyone to join me. I was thinking it would be more effective if we set up some sort of self-policing pool that would be refunded to everyone at the end of the month. Say we all put in $20 or so and everytime you look at your results, you voluntarily give up $5 of your share of the pool.

If no one else is interested, I guess I'll just use this thread to give updates if anything interesting happens, like losing my bankroll without even noticing.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Operation: Ignore Results

I'd do the same thing, but JoshuaD posted the same thing and somebody made the good point that not keeping track of how much money you have in these quasilegal institutions is kind of dumb.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:29 AM

This could be remedied by having everyone in the pool assigned a buddy who checks their balance daily for them. Though admittedly that requires mucho trust and is probably a sucker play.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:47 AM

Everybody PM me for bank account and neteller info, Social Security number, birthdate and mother's maiden name if necessary.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:48 AM

Your sarcasm would almost be funny if I didn't already point out this shortcoming to my idea.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:55 AM

I mean, that idea is brilliant even with some very minor shortcomings that I'm sure I overplayed. I mean, I trust Entity's advice on hand posts, so why not trust him with a fat roll too?
Old 04-29-2005, 04:19 AM

I'd be more than willing to let you handle the pool. Just give me your account name and password and I'll take care of the finances.