Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2005, 11:14 AM

Default 50-100 6 max hand

Decent 50/100 6 max. I don't know any of the players that well, but all of them have done at least a little something that seems bad since I've been at the table.
2 folds, and the cutoff raises. I 3 bet with 99. Both blinds call, and the raiser calls.
Flop 457 rainbow. sb checks, bb bets, original pfr calls, I raise, sb calls, bb 3 bets, now the pfr caps! I think this is very very bad for me, but I call 2 cold. Anyone fold here? Sb calls leaving himself with 2/3 of a big bet.
Turn 8, no flush draws. Now the sb bets his $68, bb just calls, and the pfr raises again. So I'm face with 1 2/3 bets here. Call or fold?
Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 AM

Default Re: 50-100 6 max hand

couldnt his cap mean he knew you were gonna do it and he was gonna call, so he may as well do it himself? at which point you could still be way ahead, and now you have a gutshot to boot. I have been up for like 40 hours, so i could be way off, but im thinking 2 and 2/3rds wack it
Old 04-29-2005, 11:23 AM

i started to do the math and then got sick of it. this must be a trick question, you have odds for the 4 outer, and aren't you closing the action?

edited to add. I see you are not closing the action. oh well.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i started to do the math and then got sick of it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-29-2005, 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Decent 50/100 6 max. I don't know any of the players that well, but all of them have done at least a little something that seems bad since I've been at the table.
2 folds, and the cutoff raises. I 3 bet with 99. Both blinds call, and the raiser calls.
Flop 457 rainbow. sb checks, bb bets, original pfr calls, I raise, sb calls, bb 3 bets, now the pfr caps! I think this is very very bad for me, but I call 2 cold. Anyone fold here? Sb calls leaving himself with 2/3 of a big bet.
Turn 8, no flush draws. Now the sb bets his $68, bb just calls, and the pfr raises again. So I'm face with 1 2/3 bets here. Call or fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only am I not closing the action, but I'm wondering if there is a better way to handicap our outs. Given how my opponents played, do you think it is more likely than normal someone has a 6?
When I ran pokerstove assuming the blinds were capable of calling the 3 bets preflop with hands like 45s and that the original pfr always had me beat I still have over 8% equity.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:40 AM

If it is the game I know you should probably fold when it's 2 back to you on the flop. I know the pot is big, but you are likely drawing to runner, runner.

On the turn it sucks that you don't close the action. You could be drawing to only 3 outs for a split. I know the pot is big, but it sure looks like bb is going to c/r this turn, so I would make a marginal fold.

If it is not the game I'm thinking about, things might be different.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:45 AM

I would fold. One of them has you crushed with an overpair or better.

Jeff
Old 04-29-2005, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If it is the game I know you should probably fold when it's 2 back to you on the flop. I know the pot is big, but you are likely drawing to runner, runner.

On the turn it sucks that you don't close the action. You could be drawing to only 3 outs for a split. I know the pot is big, but it sure looks like bb is going to c/r this turn, so I would make a marginal fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to believe I'm drawing to a split, why would someone else have a 9?
What game do you think this is?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to believe I'm drawing to a split, why would someone else have a 9?
What game do you think this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right. I got confused. I still think it's very close though. But the flop decision is more important than the turn.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...look at those bets fly...the guy called on that dry ass board and then capped, huh? with all other people seeming interested in the hand...i think i would fold on the flop then kick myself for folding the best hand...

but the thing is, wtf am i going to do on the later streets? it doesn't seem like i'll be likely getting that cheap showdown i now badly want with my nines. im in position yes...in position to have more bets and raises fly my way, and in terrible position if the early guy with chips has a monster and wants to c'r...he'll get me 1 and 2/3s bets at a time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

-Barron